Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Year of engine build

Bondis

2 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

You can always drop me a message and we can discuss that... besides, just a clue - on one of your threads you already guessed it and you were right...

👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

33 minutes ago, nicnac said:

👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

...but it does not say much about me, if you interested into people and why they are who they are, then certainly their occupation is just one little piece of the puzzle.

...but maybe it can explain why some perceive me as condescending 😁

Finally, not to look I am completely off-topic I wanted to note dates on the sticker are day and month. There is no way to check year from this sticker, but VIN should be repeated on engine. In short if you have original engine the engine manufacturing date will be same as the car's manufacturing date. If you have engine replaced, then it will have VIN of car it was taken from and VIN can be decoded as normal to figure out when engine was manufactured. If we believe what internet tells us then Toyota is very efficient with "just in time" process and engine is made days before it is fitted to car, maybe month at most, so indexing them both on single code just makes sense.

4 hours ago, Bondis said:

I won't worry about it being illegal.

It would worry anyone in the UK.

The MOT requirements now include the emission of black smoke from diesel exhausts and any signs of tampering or removal of the DPF as immediate fails.

2 hours ago, nicnac said:

Relax Linas . You always come over as exactly that . Perhaps if you had a less condescending approach to the other members here ,they might take on board what you say . .........................only saying !

I would leap to Linas defence here. I you read his arguments constructively without any misconceptions about his person; I don’t find his comments on this thread condescending at all. Climate change is a very important issue for all humanity and the thought that someone would openly say they would remove the DPF from their car due to the maintenance hassles it gives them I find totally repugnant like the smell of the soot itself. 
I know some people consider discussions on Climate change “woke” but it is real and unless we all contribute our quota to saving the planet our future generations will suffer the consequences. That is why I drive a hybrid currently and would not hesitate to jump to full EV once they become more affordable and the charging infrastructure is more widespread 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fatts said:

I would leap to Linas defence here. I you read his arguments constructively without any misconceptions about his person; I don’t find his comments on this thread condescending at all. Climate change is a very important issue for all humanity and the thought that someone would openly say they would remove the DPF from their car due to the maintenance hassles it gives them I find totally repugnant like the smell of the soot itself. 
I know some people consider discussions on Climate change “woke” but it is real and unless we all contribute our quota to saving the planet our future generations will suffer the consequences. That is why I drive a hybrid currently and would not hesitate to jump to full EV once they become more affordable and the charging infrastructure is more widespread 

You are entitled to your opinion as is Linas , as is the owner of this post ! .............. Your Halos will be polished by me before issue!!!!😈 ................... now im getting condescending ................ Why dont you stop driving all together and keep all those unnecessary journeys out of the equation ............ that way you really will make a difference !

An RX450h is not exactly being green and saving the planet ...just makes you feel better about yourself !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicnac said:

You are entitled to your opinion as is Linas , as is the owner of this post ! .............. Your Halos will be polished by me before issue!!!!😈 ................... now im getting condescending ................ Why dont you stop driving all together and keep all those unnecessary journeys out of the equation ............ that way you really will make a difference !

An RX450h is not exactly being green and saving the planet ...just makes you feel better about yourself !

I agree with that - we should all work from home where possible and limit the journeys to those strictly necessary. Strictly necessary obviously includes the blast on welsh roads, because that is important for mental health 😁

However, what you should not put into the same bucket is one person who is driving technically sound car with all emissions equipment in place and other one who thinks to be "smart", removes that equipment and unnecessarily pollutes more. These are not the same.

As I have mentioned - car overall is not a big issue, no matter how government would like to demonise us motorists (they doing this just because it is convenient to extract money from us this way and justify it to the public). But car could become an issue when some ****-hand removes filters and parts which meant to act as a barrier and prevent excessive pollution. 

Even if we ignore moral aspect of this, then we should consider that actions of certain motorists impacts us all. Because Shelby tested his Cobra on motorway @180MPH in 1960s now we all have to forever drive at retarded 70MPH, because some moron killed bunch of people when driving drunk out of his mind now we all need to be afraid of having single pint, despite this having little effect on ones driving. Point is - when somebody goes beyond and above what is reasonable, there are consequences and those consequences impacts us all.

Besides RX450h is certainly very environmentally friendly if you compare it like for like with other SUVs, think of what is "standard" SUV... that would be ~3L diesel right? So RX450h in it's peers group is "environmentally friendly" option. It is not question of opinion. And despite being much larger and heavier car it would still be much more environmentally friendly then some IS220 with cut-off DPF and blanked out EGR, it will be more environmentally friendly than your CRV without factory fitted DPF (not your fault, but still fact).

Other thing you significantly undermine is how bad diesels actually are on average. Even most powerful car Lexus makes e.g. LC with it's 5L v8 produces less pollution than IS220d (more Co2, but less total pollution of all types - Nox, particles, soot etc). Now I said that before and I will say it again - if you certainly just have 300 miles a day to drive all on motorway, then diesel in this exceptional case is better for environment. But we don't user diesel car like that - are we?

As I said, nobody needs to go crazy overboard, start eating grass, wear lycra to dinners and move to the caves in the forest - but we can be reasonable people and stay on top of maintenance of our cars to at least minimise the impact and certainly not to deliberately do more of it just because we don't like to be dealing with DPF.

3 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Lycra is very bad for my environment !

Agreed! I would rather drive IS220d without DPF and risk being seen by person like me and short repeatedly on the side of the road!  

1 minute ago, nicnac said:

Thats wrong ..a pint does impair your ability to drive safely ......... 

By how much exactly? More or less compared to you simply being tired... can you compare the driver who has 15 years of experience after pint, with another one with 2 years experience without a pint. What if you simply smoke, what if you simply had painkillers or other medication, what if you wear glasses? 

I think it depends... call me stupid, but I quite certain that after one pint I am still quite good driver. What is even level to be considered "good driver"? I would argue that half drivers should not be on the roads... even sober.

So I it is not that simple to just say - pint will impair your ability to drive.

Sure if you have 10 pints then it is another matter!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

it will be more environmentally friendly than your CRV without factory fitted DPF

My CRV is very environmentally friendly . I can drive it for 10 hours straight without getting a pain in the arse ...................or cramps ............ I reserve that for here !!!

5 minutes ago, nicnac said:

My CRV is very environmentally friendly . I can drive it for 10 hours straight without getting a pain in the arse ...................or cramps ............ I reserve that for here !!!

not so much... when instead of 10 hours you drive it for 10 minutes to the shop and back - is it? 

3 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

not so much... when instead of 10 hours you drive it for 10 minutes to the shop and back - is it? 

But my arse is still in good shape !!!!!!!!!!! thats my environment !................ I am Irish ....it was meant to be a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I think it depends... call me stupid, but I quite certain that after one pint I am still quite good driver. What is even level to be considered "good driver"? I would argue that half drivers should not be on the roads... even sober.

So I it is not that simple to just say - pint will impair your ability to drive.

Sure if you have 10 pints then it is another matter!

nomatter who you are or how good a driver you think you are ............. even 1 pint will impair your perception 

• Thanks 1

Linas, Rather than complaining and showing us how sad you are, you could have either gave some information on that sticker that I've posted, or went planting some trees.

Start by getting rid of your 200t which emits more CO2 than my IS does. What a hypocrite you are!

Quit whining about the environment unless you live completely independent off the grid, use public transport and cycle. Be perfect yourself before trying to change others.

No, it's not about the money. And no, I never said I'm smart. I do know my limits. Seems like you don't know yours.

I really suggest finding a good hobby to take care of your mental health. 

Cheers mate. 

I have found over the years that eastern European races have a different outlook on life and sense of humour than us western European ie Irish etc . In my experience they are very serious people and maybe don't see things the same way as the Irish . I say this as I perceive you may be eastern EU and dont get where I am going half the time .................... I have a couple of Polish friends who have made Ireland there home and are lovely people but I have to remind them sometimes when I am joking . Try to lighten up a bit and chill out ....but not over a beer !🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Finally, not to look I am completely off-topic I wanted to note dates on the sticker are day and month. There is no way to check year from this sticker, but VIN should be repeated on engine. In short if you have original engine the engine manufacturing date will be same as the car's manufacturing date. If you have engine replaced, then it will have VIN of car it was taken from and VIN can be decoded as normal to figure out when engine was manufactured. If we believe what internet tells us then Toyota is very efficient with "just in time" process and engine is made days before it is fitted to car, maybe month at most, so indexing them both on single code just makes sense.

My mental health ok... At least I can admit I am driving ****ty RC200t, because I could not afford RC-F... 

But claiming to have IS220d... for [insert here] and not the money won't work on anyone older than 3 years old. As well I will do what I want to do, if I want to scald people for being criminal and unethical, then that is what I will to do. This non-sense of "starting from yourself" doesn't work on me. Sure you can claim it if you would be at least within the law, but you are not... you are clearly factually wrong, so why argue? 

5 minutes ago, nicnac said:

I have found over the years that eastern European races have a different outlook on life and sense of humour than us western European ie Irish etc . In my experience they are very serious people and maybe don't see things the same way as the Irish . I say this as I perceive you may be eastern EU and dont get where I am going half the time .................... I have a couple of Polish friends who have made Ireland there home and are lovely people but I have to remind them sometimes when I am joking . 

And what that has to do with anything? I guess if you learn Polish and go on Polish forum, you may not understand most of context specific inside jokes... at least I assume so that would apply to any non-native speaker in any langue. I am not polish so I don't know if that is the case, but I guess not everything can be translated...

3 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

My mental health ok... At least I can admit I am driving ****ty RC200t, because I could not afford RC-F... 

But claiming to have IS220d... for [insert here] and not the money won't work on anyone older than 3 years old. As well I will do what I want to do, if I want to scald people for being criminal and unethical, then that is what I want to do. This non-sense of "starting from yourself" doesn't work on me. Sure you can claim it if you would be at least within the law, but you are not... you are clearly factually wrong, so why argue? 

And what that has to do with anything? I guess if you learn Polish and go on Polish forum, you may not understand most of context specific inside jokes... at least I assume so that would apply to any non-native speaker in any langue. I am not polish so I don't know if that is the case, but I guess not everything can be translated...

I am merely pointing out that Eastern EU have a different outlook on life . You appear to be very serious and pedantic so I assume its your nature . I love a good argument............. and i enjoy fishing as well ! 

Just now, nicnac said:

I am merely pointing out that Eastern EU have a different outlook on life . You appear to be very serious and pedantic so I assume its your nature . I love a good argument............. and i enjoy fishing as well ! 

What about Germans, do you think they are pedantic and serious? Finnish? Swiss? I mean I sort of agree with you here, but neither I see any relation to the topic, nor it is bad or good if it is true. Simply irrelevant here...

Joking is fine and I am all for it, but it is not possible to joke about removing DPF or seeing positive side of it - it is just scummy behaviour which hurts us all.

I would probably summarise that I am serious when the topic is serious and I can be relaxed and joking when topic is just discussion for fun - you there is nothing funny about poisoning people around you and them getting cancer... not something I spend time laughing about, I don't think many people do that either.

🤭

4 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

What about Germans, do you think they are pedantic and serious? Finnish? Swiss? I mean I sort of agree with you here, but neither I see any relation to the topic, nor it is bad or good if it is true. Simply irrelevant here...

Joking is fine and I am all for it, but it is not possible to joke about removing DPF or seeing positive side of it - it is just scummy behaviour which hurts us all.

I would probably summarise that I am serious when the topic is serious and I can be relaxed and joking when topic is just discussion for fun - you there is nothing funny about poisoning people around you and them getting cancer... not something I spend time laughing about, I don't think many people do that either.

tell me a joke Then !!🤭