Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door mirror from states

Dundee18

Hi 

I am new to this forum and I hope you can help please. I have a silver Sc430 2003.  It requires a new door mirror.  Does anybody know if a used one from the states fit?  I appreciate that mine is the driver door and theirs will be the passenger for them.  My brother lives in the states and can bring it over. 

tThanks for any advice. 

3 hours ago, Dundee18 said:

Hi 

I am new to this forum and I hope you can help please. I have a silver Sc430 2003.  It requires a new door mirror.  Does anybody know if a used one from the states fit?  I appreciate that mine is the driver door and theirs will be the passenger for them.  My brother lives in the states and can bring it over. 

tThanks for any advice. 

may I enquire whats wrong with your one , as these can be fixed 

Thanks for the question. I live in a busy street so I need to make sure that the mirrors fold in but the drivers one only folds a wee bit unless I gentle pull it as it is folding. 

Hope that helps 

Charlie

PS there is also a problem with the passenger side window. It goes down when the roof is going down but neither switch works. If you have any suggestion about that.  The car is great though. Love it. 

thanks for all your help. 

you should try getting a spray tube nozzle in behind the glass ans spray silicon lubricant in there .........its worth a try .You could dismantle and clean and lubricate if you are handy ?

4 minutes ago, Dundee18 said:

I am reasonably handy. Is it easy enough to take apart?  Thanks again. 

Getting the glass to pop without breaking it is key ........... you need trim plastic tool or similar . search for it on google . I think someone on a forum has a how to . 

4 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Getting the glass to pop without breaking it is key ........... you need trim plastic tool or similar . search for it on google . I think someone on a forum has a how to . This is similar and will give you a start ............. you have nothing to loose!