Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all , finally took plunge yesterday and got my totally rusted exhaust removed for a nice shiny stainless one . Centre piece and silencers were rotten due to short journeys and I think the nice temperate weather here in Scotland . 😀. 

S/S for sure is noisier but is acceptable to me . Lifetime guarantee so don't need to worry again for piece of mind 😊

You might find the sound changes slightly over time, as the now smooth inside surface gets covered in combustion deposits, but it won’t ever be as ‘quiet’ as the mild steel ( thicker walled ) exhaust, personally not looking forward to choosing an exhaust when I need one!

Agreed , could have went with custom mild steel option but have only done 72,000 miles so rock and hard place comes to mind ! For a couple hundred quid more opted for stainless knowing I can more or less forget about for a good few years . 

1 hour ago, Tam Templeton said:

Hi all , finally took plunge yesterday and got my totally rusted exhaust removed for a nice shiny stainless one . Centre piece and silencers were rotten due to short journeys and I think the nice temperate weather here in Scotland . 😀. 

S/S for sure is noisier but is acceptable to me . Lifetime guarantee so don't need to worry again for piece of mind 😊

Did similar 6 months after bought the IS250.  A couple of pieces of work needed done and any Powerflow franchise did them.