Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vlad

5 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Same as yours. Mines 07 plate 84k miles full lexus service history one owner from new. Was lucky to find it and get it. 

Lucky indeed haha. They have a nice sound aren't they

Yes Vlad a really nice subtle V6 rumble lol but a little too quiet when you really floor it lol.

Wow Linas I'm really surprised you feel your is250 felt better than your current RC200t a car which is on my want list. Want to compare its engine with a previous mondeo I had 2.0 litre turbo (ecoboost) both 240 horse and auto I believe? Mondeo pulled like a train.

It is either like a train, or nothing at all. And that train runs you over at 2000RPM, but stop pulling at 4000... Really just on/off throttle. Even if you stand them next to each other IS250 will be in front until 40, they would be equal ~50 and only at 60 RC would actually be in front. On top of that fuel economy is just horrendous. Admittedly, I do have heavy foot but driving both cars back to back, on the same route everyday in exactly the same manner it was 28MPG on IS250 and it is 22MPG in RC200t.

IS250 could sound great, the original exhaust is little bit too conservative, in other hand - you either have quite standard exhaust and just nice engine note when you floor it, or you can fit SS which will sound good when revved, but then you will have to live with drone at motorway speeds and when simply cruising. That said again - IS250 at least likes to be revved-out... RC200t doesn't... well it can be revved, but there is no point as no power comes after 4000RPM and sound is just not good.

You can check my impressions on RC200t here... after a year I have not changed my opinion much:

WOW. Started to read that thread of yours but gave up half way down page 2 lol. I'll suggest you Don't have a go in a Ford Mondeo titanium x sport ecoboost mk4.5. Seems it whoops the rear end of the 200t. I've had the mondy and it pulled like a train at any speed. Economy very similar to what you're getting but acceptable because its a big 5 seater with a huge boot but a stunner to look at (my opinion).

Think you mentioned in that thread something about 300h fuel economy not being good. I've had is300h and rarely got less than 50mpg average. 

Loved that photo of yours next to a gen2 👍

My economy in 300h was ~37mpg... not terrible not great. But to have RC with 300h is like a crime for me, the car looks fast whilst sitting still, yet it completely fails to deliver. The worst thing is that everyone thinks it is fast car and constantly eggs you to race them, just more insult because it loses even to £500 ****-box clio.

Again - if the first car to appear on sale in right spec for right price would have been RC300h, I would have taken it. It just so happens RC200t was first to meet my criteria.

I think lexus is made more for luxury not performance. If you want a faster car then Lamborghini i suggest you honda civic 😂.

Unfortunately i can't drive stick otherwise would get a civic. The automatic transmission is not good on them

Acceleration is more or less = weight/power... meaning heavier car has to have more powerful engine - in the end of the day it is up to manufacturer to meet expectation of the customer for their products to be attractive and successful. 🙂

If everything in life were as simple and as straightforward as that it would be great,sadly it isn't and that the reality of life,manufacturers have lots to conform to etc

Yes indeed. But then they cannot be made if we choose to be critical of their compromised products is it? Either way - that is not an issue for IS250, great car and nowadays it is amazing value as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links