Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1996 LS400 PDF repair manual. Any experiences?

I was wondering about downloading one of the available electronic versions, but there seem to quite a few on offer, from free upwards, although most seem to based on the LHD version.

Apart from the dashboard and steering column being the wrong way round, are there any other fundamental differences that might be important?

eManualsOnline.com do one for £20, has anyone tried it?

workshopservicemanual.com do one for free though.

I did read somewhere that temporary access to the Toyota version could be bought. Has anyone tried this?

I did search "LS400 repair manual" on this forum but got no results, although I found this during an internet search:

I've got no major jobs planned in the near future, but I thought it would be useful to have one, just in case.

Any useful tips would be appreciated.

You can get it from their website, " emanualonline.com " . Select the car and the model you want and you can download it. When I bought mine I had the option to get it on a CD, which is better. These are traditional repair manuals with drawings and detailed instructions how to disassemble and re assemble every item on the car. Precise dimensions, clearances and wear limits of the various components and parts will help you to decide which parts to replace when repairing or overhauling equipment.

You will not find any appendices relating to codes and how to proceed from there to diagnose and repair the part which causes the display of the code in question. Such repair manuals you can get from Lexus available on CD or by registering with Lexus-tech.eu where you have access to their repair manuals for a small fee, according to the duration of the access. You can also download anything during your access.

From eBay you can get the same repair manual as the original from Lexus on a CD from a company in America for a fraction of the original manual. 

I recommend them without any reservation. On the internet, you can find testimonials about their manuals.

Chris.

• Like 1

I have bought and downloaded the repair manual from eManualOnline.com, which was a hassle free experience, and have burned a copy onto a CD as a backup.

There are 2,220 (!) pages , and having had a quick flick through it looks pretty comprehensive. Certainly it will be a useful reference work if I get stuck, bearing in mind it's an American publication.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 4:54 PM, SamuelBrown said:

Are you still looking for the repair manual ? If yes, here is the electronic version https://manuals.co/workshop/lexus/ls400 . It's absolutely free and available for everyone.

Just tried this and it took me straight to paypal, for payment, so it's not free

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links