Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


New Member


Recommended Posts

A 'BIG HELLO' to all, 

I am pleased to have joined the club and hope to participate whenever I am able to make a valuable contribution or to seek advice.  I'm eagerly looking forward to becoming the proud owner of a RX 400h and hope that I will be overwhelmed by the experience!  Feedback to that effect, I am hoping to provide by next week. 

Now for a SOS - I have been in contact with Adrian Flux for car insurance and would welcome recommendations for any other providers.  Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, B. Gill said:

A 'BIG HELLO' to all, 

I am pleased to have joined the club and hope to participate whenever I am able to make a valuable contribution or to seek advice.  I'm eagerly looking forward to becoming the proud owner of a RX 400h and hope that I will be overwhelmed by the experience!  Feedback to that effect, I am hoping to provide by next week. 

Now for a SOS - I have been in contact with Adrian Flux for car insurance and would welcome recommendations for any other providers.  Thank you.

Welcome Bal, enjoy hundreds of pages of reading on LOC, this is great stuff!

Re insurance, I think all people have their own circumstances for the quote, I tend to use online comparison sites confused.com and moneysupermarket.com

Bal, tell us why Lexus? Did you consider anything else before you nought Lexus?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, B. Gill said:

Now for a SOS - I have been in contact with Adrian Flux for car insurance

Jeez, I would NEVER EVER EVER use AF again ............ in my 54 years of motor insurance buying, these guys are the most unreliable and worst on this earth when it comes to their insurers support when to my mind, a " chancers " fraudulent claim was made against me ........ just my recent personal experience tho' .........  you might want to chance your arm with them 😲 .........  totally unreliable to my mind ......  anyone but would be much much better

It's the support one gets when a claim is made that is the most important factor, not just price

Malc

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had 3 cars and house insurance with LV.  2 years ago they were £300 cheaper than Admiral.  Come this year it’s reversed Admiral £200 cheaper than LV.  Similar price as nicnac above. Just under £1000.  Lexus GS 300h, XK8, Golf

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scudney said:

Hello Bal and welcome to the LOC,hoping you find the forum educational and informative 👍 

Hello John, Thank you for the welcome and I'm sure that I will find the forum, as you say, educational and informative. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seconded DONT USE ADRIAN FLUX rip off merchants. 

As for insurance it's all down to where you live. Try all the search engines like comparethemarket etc plus companies that don't advertise on those sites. Try the company you're with now, nowt to lose.

You should love the RX400h when you get it. Hopefully you've checked it's service history. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vlady said:

Welcome Bal, enjoy hundreds of pages of reading on LOC, this is great stuff!

Re insurance, I think all people have their own circumstances for the quote, I tend to use online comparison sites confused.com and moneysupermarket.com

Bal, tell us why Lexus? Did you consider anything else before you nought Lexus?

 

13 hours ago, scudney said:

Hello Bal and welcome to the LOC,hoping you find the forum educational and informative 👍 

 

10 hours ago, Vlady said:

Welcome Bal, enjoy hundreds of pages of reading on LOC, this is great stuff!

Re insurance, I think all people have their own circumstances for the quote, I tend to use online comparison sites confused.com and moneysupermarket.com

Bal, tell us why Lexus? Did you consider anything else before you nought Lexus?

Hello Vlad,  Thank you for the welcome, I'm sure that the information on LOC will be interesting.  As regards car insurance, I thought that perhaps LOC might have negotiated special terms with certain insurers.  I settled on buying the Lexus SUV as it met all my needs - reliability, great build quality, hybrid for economy and reduced pollution, keen handling, refined ride and is in the luxury class!  I did consider the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 but the Lexus is far superior. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Malc said:

Jeez, I would NEVER EVER EVER use AF again ............ in my 54 years of motor insurance buying, these guys are the most unreliable and worst on this earth when it comes to their insurers support when to my mind, a " chancers " fraudulent claim was made against me ........ just my recent personal experience tho' .........  you might want to chance your arm with them 😲 .........  totally unreliable to my mind ......  anyone but would be much much better

It's the support one gets when a claim is made that is the most important factor, not just price

Malc

Hello Malcolm, Thank you for responding to my insurance query.  I checked the LOC site for insurance information and only Adrian Flux were mentioned.  I thought that LOC might have negotiated preferential terms with other specialist insurers or members might have recommendations from personal experience. 

 

9 hours ago, Malc said:

Jeez, I would NEVER EVER EVER use AF again ............ in my 54 years of motor insurance buying, these guys are the most unreliable and worst on this earth when it comes to their insurers support when to my mind, a " chancers " fraudulent claim was made against me ........ just my recent personal experience tho' .........  you might want to chance your arm with them 😲 .........  totally unreliable to my mind ......  anyone but would be much much better

It's the support one gets when a claim is made that is the most important factor, not just price

Malc

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nicnac said:

Why not try Admiral .

Ive got 4 cars s2000,sc430,CRV, CX3 and house insurance for 1 K

Hello Nick, Thank you for your reply, I posed the question in case LOC had negotiated with specialist insurers to provide better terms or members might have their own recommendations. 

8 hours ago, nicnac said:

Why not try Admiral .

Ive got 4 cars s2000,sc430,CRV, CX3 and house insurance for 1 K

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Adge said:

I had 3 cars and house insurance with LV.  2 years ago they were £300 cheaper than Admiral.  Come this year it’s reversed Admiral £200 cheaper than LV.  Similar price as nicnac above. Just under £1000.  Lexus GS 300h, XK8, Golf

 

Hello Harry, Thank you for your reply, you appear to have got a good multi car and home insurance deal.  I thought that LOC may have negotiated preferential terms with specialist car insurers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Seconded DONT USE ADRIAN FLUX rip off merchants. 

As for insurance it's all down to where you live. Try all the search engines like comparethemarket etc plus companies that don't advertise on those sites. Try the company you're with now, nowt to lose.

You should love the RX400h when you get it. Hopefully you've checked it's service history. 

Hello Vlad, Thanks for your reply.  Adrian Flux were one of the most expensive!  I have been on price comparison sites and now checking other  options.  The RX400h has full Lexus service history and this was a key requirement, cannot wait to drive it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

LV and NFU are both well worth approaching for quotations too.

 

Hello John,  Thank you for the feedback, I have not contacted NFU yet, hopefully they will meet my requirements. 

Regards,

Bal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B. Gill said:

Hello Nick, Thank you for your reply, I posed the question in case LOC had negotiated with specialist insurers to provide better terms or members might have their own recommendations. 

 

Well Bal whatever you chooose I hope you enjoy your car ............... and the forum !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bal, these days I find it's swings and roundabouts with insurance companies. I got a quote from NFU as i live in a very rural area and the quote was £1800 for my RX450h lol,  and then I got it forjmust over 400 from Saga. So good luck and enjoy your new motor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership