Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your subscription has expired....

I have a premium Lexus Nx300h. It was 3 years old in December 2020. Since that time it has insisted on start-up of displaying a message on the screen that reads 

"Your subscription has expired. Please go to my.lexus.eu to subscribe." I have to click on OK every time the car starts to get rid of the message. Very annoying as it doesn't seem to want to take "NO" for an answer. I have to confess that I didn't know I had a subscription! The navigation et al handbook is difficult to navigate and is reluctant to divulge what this message is all about. 

So simple question "how do I get rid (permanently) of this irritating message? and what have I been missing through not knowing I had this subscription for the last three years?

2021-02-23_13-01-26_579.jpeg

• Confused 1

Complete guess - maybe it's a subscription for live traffic announcements or speed camera locations, maybe even for map updates.

I haven't got that system so I'm afraid I can't help but just thought I'd have a guess :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of an update. Lexus Wolverhampton said that this message cannot be switched off (which is very annoying) except by updating the map which they will do for about £180. I don't fancy paying for that. I think that the message probably relates to the expiry of the Lexus "Connected Services" subscription which is included in the purchase price of the vehicle for the first 3 years, so the timing of the message is about right. The my Lexus site says that I can buy a 1 year subscription to "Connected Services"  for £25 and it implies that I will get a free upgrade to my maps included. This seems more reasonable.

Only downside is that every time I get to the Lexus eshop. I place the order only to be told that an error has occurred and the service is not available.

I think the Lexus website is poorly designed and hard to navigate but has anyone managed to purchase a connected services subscription recently?

Is there a way to clear your connected services username/password - that should stop it connecting to the service and producing that error.

Or turn off settings such as automatic memory point download to stop it trying to connect to the service.

I'm not sure the £25 connected services subscription gets you a map update, just the ability to get live traffic, fuel prices, weather, parking etc.

With regards to the eshop, try different browsers - I've had issues with it downloading maps for my wife's Prius working sometime and not others. Incidentally her three year free maps update has expired but I don't get an error message on the Toyota system - I've not tried to connect since it expired, I assume it would give a similar message but it certainly doesn't do it every time I access the nav system or start the vehicle.

I have not found a way to delete the connected services username/etc from the vehicle. It might go if I deleted all private data but that is a little drastic. I have tried turning off all the auto connect functions but they seem to restart if they spot a wi fi connection. I'll inhibit that next to see if it will allow me to delete connected services. I did manage to download on my PC the most recent map update (free) but when the usb was inserted in the vehicle it wanted an authorisation code. Others have downloaded and update without this request so that maybe subject to a connected services validation. This is irritating and I am wasting too much time on what should be a easy function on a quality car. Fortunately current restrictions on movement means it is better than jigsaws!

I turned off the Wi-Fi power setting in the car and the message disappeared. I suppose this is a solution. Thanks to all who contributed suggestions.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 3:27 PM, Jabiru said:

I have a premium Lexus Nx300h. It was 3 years old in December 2020. Since that time it has insisted on start-up of displaying a message on the screen that reads 

"Your subscription has expired. Please go to my.lexus.eu to subscribe." I have to click on OK every time the car starts to get rid of the message. Very annoying as it doesn't seem to want to take "NO" for an answer. I have to confess that I didn't know I had a subscription! The navigation et al handbook is difficult to navigate and is reluctant to divulge what this message is all about. 

So simple question "how do I get rid (permanently) of this irritating message? and what have I been missing through not knowing I had this subscription for the last three years?

2021-02-23_13-01-26_579.jpeg

eBay for Lexus, just updated my sat nav for £26, works a treat.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links