Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well just to add to my electrical problems I have now got engine trouble, after a bit of running about and a trip to an auto electrician I got home to hear a disturbing bubbling and gurgling noise , I popped the bonnet to find greyish Brown gooey stuff sprayed out of the header tank overflow.

I took the cap off to find the header tank full of it. Has anyone had this ? Is it head gasket or could it be oil cooler ,  I've started researching but would be very greatful of any help or advice,  I'm at the end of my tether with it.

Thanks in advance

Trev 

Typical major head gasket failure sign whereby the isolation between oil passage system and cooling system is lost and oil and water ( coolant ) get combined in an ugly emulsion of brown goo. If there is any pressure behind this goo then the combustion system is playing a part it the demise also!

13 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Another sad story of IS220d... what a shame!

Now now Linas .......behave yourself !!!or ill have to correct you .........................again !LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Now now Linas .......behave yourself !!!or ill have to correct you .........................again !LOL

... what a shame Lexus made it and sold it banking on their reliable brand recognition.... 😁