Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LEXUS ES300h Information HELP

AndrewLast

Hi

I m going to buy a 2019 ES 300h from a garage but the problem is that i dont know what version/model it is. From what i know there are 3 versions/models, Base,F Sport and Premium/Takumi.

The guy from the garage didnt know the exact model too. We been looking on the Vehicle Documentation/details and there is nothing about this.
On D1 make :Lexus
, D2 type, Variant and Version some codes (number and letters)

Been trying to check on sites online by VIN No but nothing comes up.

Anyone any ideas???
Also anyone knows if it has apple Carplay? 

I have attached 2 photos.
Thanks. 

E8A2BE3D-B43C-4107-92D5-23788C48336D.jpeg

FDFAA747-D467-4D2C-9303-8F5643A1205A.jpeg

Assuming the grades in Ireland are the same as UK then that is an ES base grade. It doesn't have the triple LED headlights of the Takumi or the base grade + premium pack. 

It certainly isn't an F Sport - it doesn't have the F Sport wheels or front grille.

It won't have CarPlay from the factory, but I think the retrofit is now available at dealers - you will have to check with your local dealer what they will charge to upgrade it.

9 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Assuming the grades in Ireland are the same as UK then that is an ES base grade. It doesn't have the triple LED headlights of the Takumi or the base grade + premium pack. 

It certainly isn't an F Sport - it doesn't have the F Sport wheels or front grille.

It won't have CarPlay from the factory, but I think the retrofit is now available at dealers - you will have to check with your local dealer what they will charge to upgrade it.

Car comes from UK

so it is a Base model then

Been trying to check on the MOT website for the mileage too but there is no record 

any other way to check mileage? 
Thanks.

MOTs are only carried out once a vehicle is three year's old so it won't have a record.

If you have service history you could phone the dealer who did the last service.

Otherwise an HPI check would verify mileage but that is only if the previous owner filled in the mileage on the DVLA form - which isn't compulsory. 

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

MOTs are only carried out once a vehicle is three year's old so it won't have a record.

If you have service history you could phone the dealer who did the last service.

Otherwise an HPI check would verify mileage but that is only if the previous owner filled in the mileage on the DVLA form - which isn't compulsory. 

Thank you 😇

There are big differences between Base grade Model and the next one? 
is it worth to pay and extra 4-5 k just to get the next grade? Basically same car but more extras i think.

The car in the picture appears to be the Base model as it doesn't have triple beam LEDs and it has 17" wheels.

For the U.K. Spec, the next step-up is Premium Edition which is available for MY21.

If the car you are looking at is older than that then the next step up is Premium Pack which gives you extras such as Memory Seats, 18" wheels, real leather, sun blinds (manual on rear side and electrical on rear), adaptive triple beam LED lights, heated and ventilated seats, rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitors which are most notable. Almost forgot, the Premium Pack will get you configurable thigh cushion support and 4-way lumbar as well for the driver's seat.

I think the choice will really be if more than one people will regularly use the car or not. If yes then Memory Seats are IMHO very important, if not then the base model comes with enough kit already.

Not sure if Car Play was standard on 2019 base model, you can check by pluging in your phone.

The other upgrade route is F Sport but as I was not interested in F Sport personally I never explored it in detail.

Hope that helps...

Cheers,

--E

6 hours ago, AndrewLast said:

Thank you 😇

There are big differences between Base grade Model and the next one? 
is it worth to pay and extra 4-5 k just to get the next grade? Basically same car but more extras i think.

The base model is very well spec'd. Up to you if you think the extras are worth the money.

Here is the brochure of the ES at that age

Lexus_ES_e-brochure-2.pdf

This is definitely a base model. No triple beams, no memory seats, no Mark Levinson. Although the base model has the same running gear across all models unless you are in the US. It’s worth looking at a higher spec model before buying

7 hours ago, e-yes said:

The car in the picture appears to be the Base model as it doesn't have triple beam LEDs and it has 17" wheels.

For the U.K. Spec, the next step-up is Premium Edition which is available for MY21.

If the car you are looking at is older than that then the next step up is Premium Pack which gives you extras such as Memory Seats, 18" wheels, real leather, sun blinds (manual on rear side and electrical on rear), adaptive triple beam LED lights, heated and ventilated seats, rear cross traffic alert and blind spot monitors which are most notable. Almost forgot, the Premium Pack will get you configurable thigh cushion support and 4-way lumbar as well for the driver's seat.

I think the choice will really be if more than one people will regularly use the car or not. If yes then Memory Seats are IMHO very important, if not then the base model comes with enough kit already.

Not sure if Car Play was standard on 2019 base model, you can check by pluging in your phone.

The other upgrade route is F Sport but as I was not interested in F Sport personally I never explored it in detail.

Hope that helps...

Cheers,

--E

I will be the only one driving the car so i will be ok with the base model. There is only 12k miles on the car. 
There is no apple Carplay but called lexus today and will cost me €100 for that. There is a sunroof and i m very happy about that. Seen an F Sport today,same year for an extra 5k only for a few extra options as you said. I will be willing to pay an extra 5k in case i m buying a brand new car only. 
i will stick with the base model and i have ordered today a nice set of wind deflectors for it as they are amazing on a Rainy day. 
there is a big step up for me as this car is way bigger then what i m driving now a 2015 lexus Is 300h which in the last 2 yes the car was bulletproof,no hassle at all.

Thanks. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Might be a bit late, but I also have a 2019 ES base model. Other points to note - quite incredibly there is no Auto wipe function! I know, right? You have to .. do it manually!!! First world problems and all that, but I find it ridiculous in a prestige brand.

The default sound system is... insipid. Adequate maybe. You get sound in the front, precious little in the back.

7 minutes ago, Gediredi said:

Might be a bit late, but I also have a 2019 ES base model. Other points to note - quite incredibly there is no Auto wipe function! I know, right? You have to .. do it manually!!! First world problems and all that, but I find it ridiculous in a prestige brand.

The default sound system is... insipid. Adequate maybe. You get sound in the front, precious little in the back.

Yes,thats true,no auto wiper function but i can live with this 😂 even if it is ridiculous 😟Had an IS 300h before and had this AUTO function too...i m happy with the car,fuel consmuption very good but not really getting used to this seats 😬 What i discovered lately was that in the trunk/boot there is no  cotton/isolation panel on the upper part too. Same in your car??? Let me know please. Front Parking sensors guidance in yours are displayed on the central main display when you faceing something or on cluster display only??? 
Have appointment soon with Toyota/Lexus for an upgrade on media for CarApple Play and change setting for open/close windows from keyfob
Thanks.