Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h 2009-12 Purchase

Hi All,

Hope you are well. 

Having owned a couple of excellent RX300’s in the past, I am considering buying an RX450h. It’ll be the model from 2009-2012 and must have been well looked after. If you are thinking of selling or know someone who may be, then let me know. 

Thanks

Jules.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:09 AM, Cyclone said:

Hi All,

Hope you are well. 

Having owned a couple of excellent RX300’s in the past, I am considering buying an RX450h. It’ll be the model from 2009-2012 and must have been well looked after. If you are thinking of selling or know someone who may be, then let me know. 

Thanks

Jules.

What’s your budget mate? Pit as must details on here of what spec and mileage you want. You might catch someone’s eye 👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hprice1099 said:

What’s your budget mate? Pit as must details on here of what spec and mileage you want. You might catch someone’s eye 👍🏻

Thank you.....

Main requirement is condition. So good evidence of how it’s been looked after / serviced.

Colour wise I’m not massively fussed but quite like white. 

Interior - I quite like the ivory (think it’s ivory), as long as it’s been well looked after, as some look very worn in this colour. The interior colour isn’t a deal breaker though.

Spec - ideally an Advance, but happy with an SE-I. An SE-L is ok but prefer not to worry about the air suspension. 

Mileage - Preference is under 125k.

Price - up to £12k

5 minutes ago, Blenda Braswell said:

Has anyone used 87 octane gas in a RX 450h

You don't say where you are but I'd guess not in the UK. Standard petrol here is 95 octane so 87 wouldn't do it any good and that's if you could even get it.

42 minutes ago, Blenda Braswell said:

Has anyone used 87 octane gas in a RX 450h

It’s Worth starting a separate thread instead of posting on this one?

Main requirement is condition. So good evidence of how it’s been looked after / serviced.

Colour wise I’m not massively fussed but quite like white. However, the last two RX’s I’ve had have been silver and was more than happy.

Interior - I quite like the ivory (think it’s ivory), as long as it’s been well looked after, as some look very worn in this colour. The interior colour isn’t a deal breaker though.

Spec - ideally an Advance, but happy with an SE-I. An SE-L is ok but prefer not to worry about the air suspension, but wouldn’t rule it out. 

Price - up to £12k, but may go higher for the right car.

Hi All, I’ll be planning to view a couple of cars this week, so if you are thinking of selling your RX450H or know of a nice example then let me know.

cheers

Jules 

22 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Hi All, I’ll be planning to view a couple of cars this week, so if you are thinking of selling your RX450H or know of a nice example then let me know.

cheers

Jules 

Hi

I may consider selling my 2011 60 RX450H 112k, black/black leather, just serviced by Lexus and under Lexus warranty 👍🏻

Hmmm, quite like the look of the Sport model, so whilst these cost a bit more I’ll wait and see if a few more pop up for sale. In the meantime still looking out for Advance and Lux models post 2012

Budget increased to £15k to bring in newer cars, may go a touch higher for an F-Sport if anyone is selling.

Plenty of cars on AT/EBay etc but they are not selling and there are very few examples for private sale (preference), which hints most owners must p/ex them for something else.

Jules 

• 2 weeks later...

A little bump. 

Considering RX450H’s from 2013 onwards, prefer F-Sport / Advance, then Lux. Mid to low miles and must be well looked after.

Prefer Ivory interior, then black. Think cream was the only other option? If so not a keen on this (may be called beige?). Pan roof is a nice to have also.

Prefer a private sale, so if anyone is selling of intends to sell soon, please get in touch.

Cheers Jules

On 2/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, Cyclone said:

Thank you.....

Colour wise I’m not massively fussed but quite like white. 

Spec - ideally an Advance, but happy with an SE-I. An SE-L is ok but prefer not to worry about the air suspension. 

Price - up to £12k

Hi, sorry to jump in on this thread, but your mentioned a preference for the advance trim, what is thr base model spec doe the advance to be added to ? Looking at a 2012 and it has gunmetal alloys and front and rear skid plates but I am.not 100% what I am to expect rom this trim level

There is a 'sticky' post at the top of this RX forum by Colin Barber. It's a pdf file with all the information that you're looking for:

On 3/17/2021 at 7:57 AM, Cyclone said:

Plenty of cars on AT/EBay etc but they are not selling and there are very few examples for private sale (preference), which hints most owners must p/ex them for something else.

People in London are bracing for ULEZ expansion in October this year, sell their diesels and inflate prices for reliable hybrids. I bought mine in 2019, and it hasn't dropped in price.

I'd say don't prioritise mileage, because the 200k motorway miles may be better for the car than 60k miles on road humps in school run mode. I think it is better to get a more recent year even with higher mileage. And also put aside a couple thousand for repairs. RX is very reliable, but if and when anything breaks, the spare parts are expensive and often have limited aftermarket alternatives (check the power back door, story: 1k+ to fix). If you are not a smoker, avoid smokers cars - it is impossible to fully remove the smell. Sorry for sporadic advise.

• Like 2

Thought I'd reply to this on here Jules as opposed to our normal method of communication. 😉

I've decided to keep mine for the foreseeable future, namely due to reasons given above. I've looked around, albeit a bit halfheartedly, and cannot find anything particularly suitable to change it to. I've even looked at Range Rovers again though feel like it would be a step backwards as I've already been there as you know. There does seem to be a dearth of sensibly priced used cars about at the moment, lots of rubbish around but anything remotely decent seems to be advertised for top end money, although not necessarily selling quickly.

I'll let you know if I change my mind but I've just renewed the warranty again so after it's service a couple of weeks ago, it's had a bit spent on it. I think between that and the garage queen, I'm hopefully done spending for a while.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daveenty said:

Thought I'd reply to this on here Jules as opposed to our normal method of communication. 😉

I've decided to keep mine for the foreseeable future, namely due to reasons given above. I've looked around, albeit a bit halfheartedly, and cannot find anything particularly suitable to change it to. I've even looked at Range Rovers again though feel like it would be a step backwards as I've already been there as you know. There does seem to be a dearth of sensibly priced used cars about at the moment, lots of rubbish around but anything remotely decent seems to be advertised for top end money, although not necessarily selling quickly.

I'll let you know if I change my mind but I've just renewed the warranty again so after it's service a couple of weeks ago, it's had a bit spent on it. I think between that and the garage queen, I'm hopefully done spending for a while.

It’s the right choice Dave so can’t fault you. I’ve seen a couple around the 16-17k mark so will enquire tomorrow.

Jules 

Hello everyone. Not sure if I should start a whole new thread, but I am also looking to buy a RX 450H next week.
After looking at many adverts, there are two that mostly tick all the boxes.

The first is a 2012 Advance model with about 140K millage, for about £10K

The second is a 2009  Premier model with about 90K millage, for about 11K

Please help me to decide. Both have full service history mostly from Lexus dealer and they seem to be well looked after.
The two things I love about the Advance Model is the panoramic sunroof and the silver front and rear under runs.
But the premier has a sun roof hence I can live with that. Not sure if there is any modification I can make to add the silver under runs to the 2009 premier.

I like the fact that the Premier model has a HUD and cooling seat.
I am changing my car because of the ULEZ but I am worried that buying the 2009 Premier model will have me cut out again shortly with another round of cars to be banned because of ULEZ. £11K is the most I can spend.

4 hours ago, Blessing said:

Hello everyone. Not sure if I should start a whole new thread, but I am also looking to buy a RX 450H next week.
After looking at many adverts, there are two that mostly tick all the boxes.

The first is a 2012 Advance model with about 140K millage, for about £10K

The second is a 2009  Premier model with about 90K millage, for about 11K

Please help me to decide. Both have full service history mostly from Lexus dealer and they seem to be well looked after.
The two things I love about the Advance Model is the panoramic sunroof and the silver front and rear under runs.
But the premier has a sun roof hence I can live with that. Not sure if there is any modification I can make to add the silver under runs to the 2009 premier.

I like the fact that the Premier model has a HUD and cooling seat.
I am changing my car because of the ULEZ but I am worried that buying the 2009 Premier model will have me cut out again shortly with another round of cars to be banned because of ULEZ. £11K is the most I can spend.

Blessing, the best time to buy a car is when you don't need one, sounds obvious but true. And as you are on a fixed budget warranty, warranty warranty should be your key must have and before a sunroof especially in england 😊 Next, look up Kevin Hunter the homework guy, on YouTube and what he says about leverage. This will definitely get you a better deal. As Cyclone said on here there are cars on here that aren't moving as quickly as dealers would like so there are deals to be done. Best of luck. 

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

Blessing, the best time to buy a car is when you don't need one, sounds obvious but true. And as you are on a fixed budget warranty, warranty warranty should be your key must have and before a sunroof especially in england 😊 Next, look up Kevin Hunter the homework guy, on YouTube and what he says about leverage. This will definitely get you a better deal. As Cyclone said on here there are cars on here that aren't moving as quickly as dealers would like so there are deals to be done. Best of luck. 

Edit, cars in dealerships not on here🤡

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links