Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Highest Mileage in the UK

On 2/28/2021 at 11:54 AM, royoftherovers said:

"I didn't realise they were going much before that".......where is the evidence for that statement Renato ?

And why do you expect them to last 200,000 miles?

What is the average life span of a petrol engine ?

I would expect the batteries to last 200,000 miles as Toyota batteries often reach far in excess of that.

Also I had many Toyota petrols or family members had  in the past that did 300000 miles in their sleep.

I really believe in Toyota/Lexus quality, i was therefore surprise that people though it was to be expected that the Battery would go before 200k miles.

I would expect a normal toyota petrol to last at least 300000 miles.

4 minutes ago, Kermitpwee said:

I would expect the batteries to last 200,000 miles as Toyota batteries often reach far in excess of that.

Also I had many Toyota petrols or family members had  in the past that did 300000 miles in their sleep.

I really believe in Toyota/Lexus quality, i was therefore surprise that people though it was to be expected that the battery would go before 200k miles.

I would expect a normal toyota petrol to last at least 300000 miles.

Many thanks Peter. I too am Toyota fan.

I merely asked the contributor to prove what he was saying. Why on earth should hearsay be quoted as fact is beyond me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scudney said:

And now you even have Mercs with Renault engines lol 🤣😂🤔

Technically... Renaults with Merc badge and Nissan engine... not that it makes it any better 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’d say pretty much every fresh lexus should be able to cover 1mln kilometers on a good clean motorway, ambient air temperatures with no salt, dust etc.

It is not the mileage per ce which makes a car break or look seedy, but the usage conditions, ageing of plastic, rubber and electric components, metal tiredness etc.

I would like to say “every modern car”, but not really that confident about some French and Italian brands... 

On 3/1/2021 at 6:44 PM, Las Palmas said:

I thought Renault had Nissan engines. Nissan make good engines.

A very popular line of R9M 1.6 dCi engines, used in Nissan/Renault/Mercedes appears to be designed by the French. And it is quite good.

7 minutes ago, Vadim said:

I’d say pretty much every fresh lexus should be able to cover 1mln kilometers on a good clean motorway, ambient air temperatures with no salt, dust etc.

It is not the mileage per ce which makes a car break or look seedy, but the usage conditions, ageing of plastic, rubber and electric components, metal tiredness etc.

I would like to say “every modern car”, but not really that confident about some French and Italian brands... 

I was driving a Reault 4 in Africa and it was good on the bad unpaved roads.

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

I was driving a Reault 4 in Africa and it was good on the bad unpaved roads.

I spent 2 weeks at RAF Luqa in Malta in 1972 in a Renault 4--the one with the Gearchange sticking out of the Dashboard like a walking stick !

3 hours ago, Vadim said:

A very popular line of R9M 1.6 dCi engines, used in Nissan/Renault/Mercedes appears to be designed by the French. And it is quite good.

The Nissans I had were all made before 1984 and do not think they were with Renault then. And none of them were diesel.

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2021 at 4:31 PM, Mikey B said:

I'm nearing in on 200K - probably by the end of April.

Only replacement outside of service / consumables in my ownership (40K) has been a bonnet catch.  According to the online Lexus history it just had routine servicing and a rain sensor replaced under warranty.

Still runs fine and I wouldn't hesitate to jump in and take it on any journey, although the ride is a little lumpy now and there are a few creaks from the interior.  My desire is to go full EV soon, but as the IS probably has little value to anyone else now I will probably just keep running it for the foreseeable future

Well the 200K happened this week - couldn't capture the exact number though as my partner had the car when it clicked over.  MOT today passed with no issues

20210504_120052.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mikey B said:

Well the 200K happened this week - couldn't capture the exact number though as my partner had the car when it clicked over.  MOT today passed with no issues

Congratulations! Just for the record, which model is this? At the moment, your profile says 200h. Should that be 300h or 200t?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thackeray said:

Congratulations! Just for the record, which model is this? At the moment, your profile says 200h. Should that be 300h or 200t?

Yes, 300h - never noticed its been wrong in my profile all this time!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mikey B said:

20210504_120052.jpg

This gives me hope for the GS450H with 144,000 miles which I may buy around the end of August. 

• 5 weeks later...

Mine will be hitting 200K next week, currently sat on 199550 miles.

Mechanically I have no doubt 300K would be easily possible, that will be another 2 years the way my work is going currently

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

Mechanically I have no doubt 300K would be easily possible, that will be another 2 years the way my work is going currently

That is an incredible mileage.  Congratulations.

Have you had any problems with the car in its 7 years with you Jay and has it always been serviced by Lexus or have you used an Indie?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

That is an incredible mileage.  Congratulations.

Have you had any problems with the car in its 7 years with you Jay and has it always been serviced by Lexus or have you used an Indie?

Aside from the hybrid Battery that you had commented on earlier in the thread nothing major.

a few sets of caliper sliders, but that seems to be standard for Toyota/Lexus.

I do all the servicing myself. In a past career I was a mechanic and I enjoy keeping my hand in, all my parts are genuine Lexus, 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

I wonder if Lexus will give you a good trade-in price?

Many years ago a local Taxi firm ran Mitsubishi Carismas. Mitsubishi bought some for quality control purposes at a VERY good price considering the mileage!

2 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

Aside from the hybrid battery that you had commented on earlier in the thread nothing major.

a few sets of caliper sliders, but that seems to be standard for Toyota/Lexus.

I do all the servicing myself. In a past career I was a mechanic and I enjoy keeping my hand in, all my parts are genuine Lexus, 

That says a great deal about these cars. The conditions they are driven in  / kept seem to be more important than the mileage.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:42 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

I wonder if Lexus will give you a good trade-in price?

Many years ago a local Taxi firm ran Mitsubishi Carismas. Mitsubishi bought some for quality control purposes at a VERY good price considering the mileage!

I have joked with my local dealer about trading it in for a GS350h in the past, they weren’t that keen on taking, using the immortal lines “you’ll get more for it selling it privately” 😂

I would have another Lexus hybrid but currently it’s not a good time economically in my trade so mine will soldier on.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

mines now sat at 216500 and still rocking along.

Currently racking up about 300 miles a day during the week and very little during the weekend as it has a well deserved rest

next service will be in a few weeks and that will include transmission and back axle fluids as well as inverter fluid

by the end of the year we should see close to 230000on the clock

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

mines now sat at 216500 and still rocking along.

Currently racking up about 300 miles a day during the week and very little during the weekend as it has a well deserved rest

next service will be in a few weeks and that will include transmission and back axle fluids as well as inverter fluid

by the end of the year we should see close to 230000on the clock

That is more of a testament to the brand than any professional review. 

Question: if you HAD to get another taxi, what would you buy?

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links