Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

and what’s supposed to be it’s uses? And when and where do I use them? Also I’m guessing it won’t help make petrol economy good?

Personally I've used them to get ready to overtake something - have the engine ready at a higher rpm so you have less delay in acceleration when you press the throttle. The other use would be to simulate engine braking if you decent a steep hill.

3 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

As I said my 1st automatic I’m sort of assuming if I put the car in neutral and floor it I’ll hear the engine note?

Yes but if the hybrid system has turned off the engine you have to press the accelerator down quite a bit before it will start it up. Remember you don't have an automatic, you have a CVT hybrid so the engine rpm doesn't rise and fall with gear ratios. 

• Like 1

Bad news for me this morning after having 1xlegit Lexus tire sensors fitted and coded recently. 

After receiving the car back I pumped all the tires to the recommendation of 36psi rear and 35psi fronts, everything was fine since getting it back. 

Today 01/03/21 Re pictures attached the tire pressure light has reappeared again on the dashboard. All the tires look fine and not low or punctured. 

I’ll contact the garage and see when I can bring it back in again very frustrating. 

9C229C67-D2EF-4B11-8A42-2048553EB6AB.jpeg

B6C3D758-FA87-48AA-AA12-99F37CC546E1.jpeg

the probable cause for this warning light to appear may be due to the change in temperature

as the air in your tyres will contract and reduce in volume & pressure

i would wait until later on in the day when it's warmed up and check the tpms light

• Like 1

Yep - check the pressures with a gauge but then reset the TPMS. The button is somewhat obscure but it's under the edge of the dash in the area of the steering column. There are two buttons - I just forget what the other one is for - someone? I think it's the right hand one for the TPMS.

7 hours ago, johnatg said:

There are two buttons - I just forget what the other one is for - someone?

The other button is to activate or deactivate the AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System).

14 hours ago, 200h said:

the probable cause for this warning light to appear may be due to the change in temperature

as the air in your tyres will contract and reduce in volume & pressure

i would wait until later on in the day when it's warmed up and check the tpms light

Came back home 8 hours later with temp change and light still on dash I’ll be back in the car again tomorrow will have another look. 

12 hours ago, johnatg said:

Yep - check the pressures with a gauge but then reset the TPMS. The button is somewhat obscure but it's under the edge of the dash in the area of the steering column. There are two buttons - I just forget what the other one is for - someone? I think it's the right hand one for the TPMS.

I’ll have a look this will feel like a game of hide and seek I’ve no idea what it will look like lol

On 2/28/2021 at 3:09 PM, ColinBarber said:

Personally I've used them to get ready to overtake something - have the engine ready at a higher rpm so you have less delay in acceleration when you press the throttle. The other use would be to simulate engine braking if you decent a steep hill.

Yes but if the hybrid system has turned off the engine you have to press the accelerator down quite a bit before it will start it up. Remember you don't have an automatic, you have a CVT hybrid so the engine rpm doesn't rise and fall with gear ratios. 

I’ll try the over taking thing one day to test then. 👊🏾

Also found this site this was a bit scary reading this “However, if you get the tires or wheels replaced, then new tire pressure warning valves and transmitters must also be installed.”

https://www.iralexus.com/lexus-tire-pressure-sensor-reset-danvers-ma/

You have to keep it pressed till it says Initilising then leave it to do its job

you only have the tyre light on so a wheel is below the set prssure if it was a fault with a sensor triangle would be on as well

as john said get all the tyres inflated to the pressure you want then go through the initalising proccedure

Ign on Press button till INITALISING comes on dash then leave it alone till it goes out im not 100% sure if you press again but it tells you in book

HTH

Robert

• Like 1

@Riccccccardo Pages 731 & 732 of your cars owners manual tell you how to do it.

9 hours ago, KayCee said:

Ign on Press button till INITALISING comes on dash then leave it alone till it goes out

I am intrigued by this. I have never seen the word INITIALISING appear on my dash. All my manual says is to press and hold the reset switch until the tyre pressure warning light blinks slowly 3 times, and that is exactly what happens when I do it on my car. There is no mention that this word will appear on the dash.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chris111 said:

@Riccccccardo Pages 731 & 732 of your cars owners manual tell you how to do it.

I am intrigued by this. I have never seen the word INITIALISING appear on my dash. All my manual says is to press and hold the reset switch until the tyre pressure warning light blinks slowly 3 times, and that is exactly what happens when I do it on my car. There is no mention that this word will appear on the dash.

Chris you are right it blinks 3 times when it enters Iniialising mode I have not had to do it on mine as yet but on my previous 2010 mk3  it said INITIAL on speedo but the OP said pressing button made no diference maybe he didnt get to the 3 blink mode  i would think that if the TPS light is on a tyre is down and system working correct if triangle is on there is malfunction Just my 2 p worth

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KayCee said:

Chris you are right it blinks 3 times when it enters Iniialising mode I have not had to do it on mine as yet but on my previous 2010 mk3  it said INITIAL on speedo but the OP said pressing button made no diference maybe he didnt get to the 3 blink mode  i would think that if the TPS light is on a tyre is down and system working correct if triangle is on there is malfunction Just my 2 p worth

Hi yeah it does blink three times but i shall try again with holding it down for longer. 

10 hours ago, KayCee said:

i would think that if the TPS light is on a tyre is down and system working correct if triangle is on there is malfunction

That is how it worked on the S3 GS but looking at the owners manual it is slightly different for the S4.

@Riccccccardo On page 808 it states the obvious in that the light comes on because of low tyre inflation. It states to remedy this adjust the tyre pressures to the specified level and then the light will turn off after a few minutes. It does not say that you have to press the reset button! However, it further states that if the light doesn't go out after the tyre has been inflated to the correct pressure then the system needs to be checked. It also states that if the tyre pressure warning light comes on after blinking for 1 minute there is a malfunction in the system.

10 hours ago, KayCee said:

on my previous 2010 mk3  it said INITIAL on speedo

You have intrigued me again. I had a S3 GS 405h and it did not do this. But then mine was a 2006 model so I wonder if it was something introduced on the facelift models.

• Sad 1

On 3/3/2021 at 6:17 PM, Chris111 said:

That is how it worked on the S3 GS but looking at the owners manual it is slightly different for the S4.

@Riccccccardo On page 808 it states the obvious in that the light comes on because of low tyre inflation. It states to remedy this adjust the tyre pressures to the specified level and then the light will turn off after a few minutes. It does not say that you have to press the reset button! However, it further states that if the light doesn't go out after the tyre has been inflated to the correct pressure then the system needs to be checked. It also states that if the tyre pressure warning light comes on after blinking for 1 minute there is a malfunction in the system.

Cool I’m bringing it back to the garage next week 😎

I felt a little better today my car is a heavy beast at 1800kg I was reading the latest bmw competition is 1900+ weight and the latest Audi A7 sport back weighs 2000+. Both v8 equivalents power as is mines. 😎

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links