Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

56 minutes ago, Riccccccardo said:

At @chris111 did you not see this post I take it 🤣😭🙈

Yes I did see that post! My point was if your car has a full Lexus service history the plugs would have been changed in 2018 during the six year service. As I stated the plugs are changed every 60,000 miles or 6 years, whichever comes first. You need to check from what service history you have that they have or have not been changed.

The Lexus Battery is small voltage wise. They must know what they doing Toyota I did also consider what if 12volt low or struggling would the car be designed as a back up to take energy from the main larger hybrid Battery to compensate if need be I was just pondering?

23 minutes ago, Chris111 said:

Yes I did see that post! My point was if your car has a full Lexus service history the plugs would have been changed in 2018 during the six year service. As I stated the plugs are changed every 60,000 miles or 6 years, whichever comes first. You need to check from what service history you have that they have or have not been changed.

O ok in that case I bought the car from a private dealer and the car had little to no previous history previous owner didn’t even give me any paper work for it last service accept for his own personally owned  garage in the service book. (I know I took a gamble and risk) and bought it anyway as was a good specifiction and only one on sale at the time in BLACK. I went on autotrader recent they was only five 450h’s left and the one in black 19k 2014 I only wish I had that sort of money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnatg said:

If the car is used daily Panasonic batteries can last 10 or 12 years or more. Sometimes less, but they are excellent quality. 

That would be amazing if true even though most internet articles saying 3-5 years life and with my excessive usage of mark leverson 845watt system I have my doubts how long it will last lol. I use the car Monday to Friday do about 8-10k a year driving. 

The quoted maximum power output has almost nothing to do with power consumption from the Battery or generator - it refers to very short maximum peak output to the speakers - no doubt someone who understands audio system electrics better than me will be along to elaborate.

Anyway, as long as you don't sit with the engine not running and the audio system at full blast too often the car's electrical system will keep the Battery near full charge all the time. What kills batteries is long periods not in use, creating very deep discharge. Near-daily use over a reasonable distance (say more than 10 miles) will keep the Battery well charged all the time, prolonging its life. Lexus hybrid auxiliary (12v) batteries don't do much - they have quite small electrical demands - just to power up the electronics really, except if you're sitting in the car with electrical systems in use and engine not running.

2 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

of mark leverson 845watt system

The 845 figure is fake anyway. The system uses a Class D amp and Lexus quote what wattage would be needed for a Class A to achieve the same sound output. It's also a peak figure not a continuous RMS figure, which the amp capacitors deliver rather than pulling from the Battery.

6 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

O ok in that case I bought the car from a private dealer and the car had little to no previous history previous owner didn’t even give me any paper work for it last service accept for his own personally owned  garage in the service book. (I know I took a gamble and risk) and bought it anyway as was a good specifiction and only one on sale at the time in BLACK. I went on autotrader recent they was only five 450h’s left and the one in black 19k 2014 I only wish I had that sort of money. 

Thanks Richard. I understand now why you want the plugs changed.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:49 PM, johnatg said:

The quoted maximum power output has almost nothing to do with power consumption from the battery or generator - it refers to very short maximum peak output to the speakers - no doubt someone who understands audio system electrics better than me will be along to elaborate.

Anyway, as long as you don't sit with the engine not running and the audio system at full blast too often the car's electrical system will keep the battery near full charge all the time. What kills batteries is long periods not in use, creating very deep discharge. Near-daily use over a reasonable distance (say more than 10 miles) will keep the battery well charged all the time, prolonging its life. Lexus hybrid auxiliary (12v) batteries don't do much - they have quite small electrical demands - just to power up the electronics really, except if you're sitting in the car with electrical systems in use and engine not running.

Cool thanks. 

On 9/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, ColinBarber said:

The 845 figure is fake anyway. The system uses a Class D amp and Lexus quote what wattage would be needed for a Class A to achieve the same sound output. It's also a peak figure not a continuous RMS figure, which the amp capacitors deliver rather than pulling from the battery.

That’s all sounds rather technical lol and where do the capacitors draw there power from?

O guys I forgot to mention as someone like me that loves to indicate a touch earlier to alert  other road users in good time what I’m doing the best thing I got Lexus to do for me was to put it on their computer and change my light touch stalk indicate from three flashes to five. The difference is quite profound and night and day how two extra flashes gives me extreme peace of mind and confidence when changing lanes now vs the three flashes it’s a MUST if your a safety first driver. Even when going on roundabouts now I can use the light touch indicator with confidence now where as when on three flashes it was always nerve racking if the three flashes had expired already. It’s a must do guys.  

On 9/2/2021 at 7:24 PM, Chris111 said:

Good news about the brakes but why does it need spark plugs. Have you asked them to change the plugs because your car has hit 60,000 miles? According to my service book the spark plugs should be changed every 60,000 miles or 6 years, i.e whichever is the soonest. Has your car got a full Lexus service history? If it has this should have been done with the 2018 service and the dealer should be able to confirm this. My car has a full LDSH and when I log in to https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/my-lexus-portal/ it shows my car had the 'major' 60,000 / 6 year service done on 29/11/18 even though it just had a little over 32,000 on the clock. That major 60,000 service was done by a Lexus dealer and I know that the plugs were changed as part of that service.

I’m just processing your every six years spark plug comment I’m very confused as my previous vehicle Audi A4 mk7 2.0 TFSI Quattro (money pit car!). I changed my spark plug on a full service every two years at a Audi main dealer so I assumed my lexus would be the same I pretty much have done the same with my other previous four cars over fifteen years lol changing spark plugs every six years sounds mad lol has anyone else an opinion on this? Not saying chris is wrong just sounds alien to me from what I’m used to but every six years sounds great as saving money! Why is Lexus different from the other manufacturers and how do they get away with it from a technical aspect?

Just reading this https://www.raycatenalexus.com/lexus-es-350-maintenance-schedule-larchmont-ny/

Modern iridium plugs with a coil per plug run at higher voltages than plugs used to and they just last longer.

Lexus plugs are good for 60K miles at least - probably 100K in fact. Dealers equate 60K miles with 6 years - quite unnecessary if the car has done less in that time. 

Change plugs at 60K mile intervals - I changed them on my IS250 at about 67K miles at 11 years old - no problems at all - and they would have been good for much longer. No noticeable improvement after the change either.

Dealers charge extra for the change - I declined for my GS at 6 years as only done about 40K miles. 

• Like 1

To be fair I had 1st spark plugs change on 90k km on jap import '13 gs450h - however they were iridium ones and these now will last for another 90k 🙂 I was more than happy to replace them. Now I'm about 16k km done since purchase in February and loving that beast more and more 🙂

Observation Im not used to this on any other vehicle I’ve owned for months I’ve noticed while driving and the aircon completely off warm air in the car (outside air warm too) I ignored it thinking I’m going mad or imagining it. I finally did the wet the finger test and in fact I can feel slight not major air flow though the aircon vents is this normal for Lexus thing? 

20 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

O guys I forgot to mention as someone like me that loves to indicate a touch earlier to alte other road users in good time what I’m doing the best thing I got Lexus to do for me was to put it on their computer and change my light touch stalk indicate from three flashes to five. The difference is quite prions and night and day how two extra flashes gives me extreme peace of mind and confidence when changing lanes now vs the three flashes it’s a MUST if your a safety first driver. Even when going on roundabouts now I can use the light touch indicator with confidence now where as when on three flashes it was always nerve racking if the three flashes had expired already. It’s a must do guys.  

this might help for mk4 drivers i did change mine to 5 but after a while i thought the 3 blinks was right but if anyone wants the info to change it here it is

blinker.pdf

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

I’m just processing your every six years spark plug comment I’m very confused as my previous vehicle Audi A4 mk7 2.0 TFSI Quattro (money pit car!). I changed my spark plug on a full service every two years at a Audi main dealer so I assumed my lexus would be the same I pretty much have done the same with my other previous four cars over fifteen years lol changing spark plugs every six years sounds mad lol has anyone else an opinion on this? Not saying chris is wrong just sounds alien to me from what I’m used to but every six years sounds great as saving money! Why is Lexus different from the other manufacturers and how do they get away with it from a technical aspect?

Just reading this https://www.raycatenalexus.com/lexus-es-350-maintenance-schedule-larchmont-ny/

I was just stating what the service book states but @johnatg has given you the reason why.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:39 PM, Kijan said:

To be fair I had 1st spark plugs change on 90k km on jap import '13 gs450h - however they were iridium ones and these now will last for another 90k 🙂 I was more than happy to replace them. Now I'm about 16k km done since purchase in February and loving that beast more and more 🙂

😊

On 9/7/2021 at 5:17 PM, KayCee said:

this might help for mk4 drivers i did change mine to 5 but after a while i thought the 3 blinks was right but if anyone wants the info to change it here it is

blinker.pdf 526.81 kB · 6 downloads

Re your picture instructions I took one look at this procedure months ago and was like no thanks Lexus main dealer! 🤣

Richard it was pretty easy two minute job i put mine to 5 and at first thought it was ok but i found my self keep cancelling it thinking i had pulled lever all way so i reverted to 5 i also did the procedure on my daughters RX450 and she loves it at 5 truly a two minute job

I also asked Lexus if they could reset my Lexus link as I could not use due to previous owners still registered to the car after service they told me the mencanic had tried his best and I should be able to use now but I was warned because of the year of my car the functionality of the app is very limited and the newer cars have better integration with the Lexus app. I’ve not tried it yet. 

I did a little experiment for first time in nine months ownership with the sports button today on a nice long stretch of road. Floored accelerator to floor in normal mode it takes three seconds before vehicle takes off and moves with haste and vigour. I did the same thing in sports mode took two seconds to move with haste and vigour.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links