Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've been looking at Amayana to see what the cost is of a new Radio Amplifier - purely for interest sake and also because I've seen the attached connecter Cable which may allow me to put in my Sony at some time and bypass the Amp.. 

For my Vin number the data provides for two different parts between 1998 and 2001 and I am unsure how to identify which of the parts the car would require if I needed to purchase.

86280-30361 is for 08/1998 to 07/2000  whereas 86280-30362 is for 07/2000 to 07/2001.    I checked a link online teling how to read Japanese Vin plates however it didn't answer the question as to how to tell the exact month of manufacture. 

Now a second line on my Vin Plate is as follow  E11*98/14*0078.  Is this telling me that it was made the 14th week of 1998?

At $1151 if I were purchasing a new Radio Amp I'd want to be certain I bought the correct one.   The Car is a 2000 Registration in UK though I've yet to receive my V5c -  must be five weeks since purchase. What date will that show me? The imported date, or date of manufacture? 

So,  accuracy seems important and for this chepy part which caught my eye after seeing Vids of disembowelling the wiring system from Amplifier

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amplifier-By-Pass-ISO-Car-Stereo-Harness-Adaptor-Lead-For-Lexus-GS300-1998-2003/273860080043?hash=item3fc35531ab:g:otoAAOSwFtlc5wnm

Not entirely sure about all that but I have a spare amp that I got for my GS300. Never used it in the end but you're welcome to try it for the cost of the postage. Mine was 2001 iirc.

• Like 1

The V5C shows the date of first registration (in UK). That can be a long time after date of manufacture. Dealers would be able to tell you the date of manufacture if they can be bothered to look it up for you. Otherwise the date on all the plastic parts is a good clue - since Japanese manufacturers have used 'just-in-time' supply lines for years, the vehicle manufacture date will be within a couple of months of the date on the latest of the plastic parts you can find.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Not entirely sure about all that but I have a spare amp that I got for my GS300. Never used it in the end but you're welcome to try it for the cost of the postage. Mine was 2001 iirc.

Thanks Rich, thats good of you.

I may come back to you on this but I can't see myself stripping out the existing until a couple of months so don't hold it if you want rid of it.  Until I've driven this Car I won't know if its going to be a "keeper".  Quite a few disppointing things but hope to drive it after next Tuesday when the wheel guys pick up the Grandstands and replace with what's in my Hall way.  

New lower Ball jojints have arrived from Rock today. Guessing they will need be replaced or want the reassurance.  Oil on the cap and around it on the Power Steering made me look inside and not a pretty colour. Could even be engine oil- Doh!  Will get the old Turkey Baster out and start to remove after the first drive.  

17 minutes ago, johnatg said:

The V5C shows the date of first registration (in UK). That can be a long time after date of manufacture. Dealers would be able to tell you the date of manufacture if they can be bothered to look it up for you. Otherwise the date on all the plastic parts is a good clue - since Japanese manufacturers have used 'just-in-time' supply lines for years, the vehicle manufacture date will be within a couple of months of the date on the latest of the plastic parts you can find.

Beat me to it John, many thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2021 at 4:07 PM, rich1068 said:

Hi Rich, I'll drop you a PM.