Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One less IS-F in UK

Let's hope our insurance premiums don't do up as a result. With such a small sample size, it is easy for insurers to perceive that the risk has increased. I believe it happened when Rowan Atkinson binned his McLaren F1, and our cars are not that much rarer

6 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Let's hope our insurance premiums don't do up as a result. With such a small sample size, it is easy for insurers to perceive that the risk has increased. I believe it happened when Rowan Atkinson binned his McLaren F1, and our cars are not that much rarer

The insurance on our GSF significantly increased last year for no obvious reason, then someone on here found a written off GSF being striped for parts. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

I thought that the only written off GS-F was the press car ~ 2018 and the parts where circulating various sites for over 3 years. Was there another one?

Yes I would imagine when cars are so rare it is difficult to estimate value of replacement, with GS-F there may be not a single one for sale at all.

16 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I thought that the only written off GS-F was the press car ~ 2018 and the parts where circulating various sites for over 3 years. Was there another one?

Yes I would imagine when cars are so rare it is difficult to estimate value of replacement, with GS-F there may be not a single one for sale at all.

It was a blue one that made an appearance at a breakers around the middle of last year. Its  parts are currently on a popular auction site at very impressive prices. 

19 hours ago, F.A. said:

It was a blue one that made an appearance at a breakers around the middle of last year. Its  parts are currently on a popular auction site at very impressive prices. 

I've been tempted to buy the red interior 😂😅

I remember Black interior was listen on eBay for £2000... for like 2.5 years. Not sure if anyone bought it or if they ended-up throwing it to the landfill. I guess not a bad upgrade for somebody with GS450h maybe.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:00 AM, Linas.P said:

Was this the one that was starved of oil and all the cylinders had seized and were scored? Hence no exterior damage but is ‘structural’ write off?

I don't know, but when I posed the car was not marked as Cat-S yet, so I assumed it was "stolen/recovered". The engine still seems to be running (based on picture), but your right - it is not clear why car has Cat-S without any damage to the body.

I kind of hate the categories in UK... the only thing they represent is the value insurance took out of nowhere. Sometimes it is Cat-N and there is no car left, sometimes the car is completely fine, but marked Cat-S because it was estimated over 75% value to repair. Really it is DVLA who should decide what category the car is and not insurance. 

If what you saying is true and car has engine damage, then again it is kind of stupid that they put it as Cat-S... because Cat-S suppose to mean that car is structurally damaged and engine is not structural part in RC-F.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links