Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth

Hello Luke,

Sadly, there are no "double-din" options available as Lexus Sat-Nav (assuming you have sat-nav) is not standard DIN size. Same applies if you don't have sat-nav - the buttons and controls are not standard DIN size and you kind of need to keep them if you want to control climate etc.

You have 2 options:

• GROM... which will be ~£300 with installation 
  • Or full Android sat-nav replacement which will be ~£500-600 with installation (here you need to be careful to order right model for the car you have i.e. factory sat-nav, no sat-nav, hdd sat-nav, sat-nav with ML, sat-nav without ML etc.). 

5 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Hello Luke,

Sadly, there are no "double-din" options available as Lexus Sat-Nav (assuming you have sat-nav) is not standard DIN size. Same applies if you don't have sat-nav - the buttons and controls are not standard DIN size and you kind of need to keep them if you want to control climate etc.

You have 2 options:

• GROM... which will be ~£300 with installation 
  • Or full Android sat-nav replacement which will be ~£500-600 with installation (here you need to be careful to order right model for the car you have i.e. factory sat-nav, no sat-nav, hdd sat-nav, sat-nav with ML, sat-nav without ML etc.). 

Hello thankyou for reply no I havent got sat nav what's grom ? And that's what I was thinking a full android upgrade it was just the fitting and facia options I was concerned about

Vline GROM is like interface which allows to have various connection options added to your standard system. If I am not mistaken then latest ones even have android-auto/apple car play (probably not so relevant for you if you don't have sat-nav to begin with). The android systems are complete replacement - they are made to specific model, so if you order correct one for your car it will look almost "OEM" - it is larger screen etc. but it does have all buttons for climate control and should in theory be plug&play/bolt-on.

Sadly, I can't - to be honest with you it is a little bit of the "mine field", there are a lot of variations based on year and other options in the car. The last thing I would want to do is to make you buy wrong one.

I suggest to contact the sellers, tell them what you have (they may need part numbers from the back of your system etc.) and let them advise you. It is their product and they should know what is compatible with what:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOPNAVI-Android-9-0-Stereo-Navigation/dp/B08F7K1DHC/ref=sr_1_13?crid=3V9MWD3LU5KHX&dchild=1&keywords=lexus+is250+android&qid=1614618760&sprefix=IS250+android+%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-13

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ROADYAKO-10-4Inch-Player-Android-Navigation/dp/B07HVSGTTX/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3V9MWD3LU5KHX&dchild=1&keywords=lexus+is250+android&qid=1614618760&sprefix=IS250+android+%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-4

Besides - you don't need to order from these particular sellers (I have no affiliation, nor I recommend them), I just provided links as examples. These are Generic sat-nav screens made in China, you can get them from Alibaba from as low as £100. They all look the same, but the factor which defines the price is screen resolution, how many cores CPU has and ram/memory capacity. I would advise to get Latest android as well (at least Android 9 or 10).

• Thanks 1

Hi Luke. As you don't have satnav you are in the lucky situation that there are a good few Android units specifically for the gen 2 is200/220/250. Ok they're a few hundred pounds but they're flush mount. Google upgrade radio lexus is220 and you'll see. 

So you don't want a £20 eBay thing? I have a £20 eBay thing in my is250 and it connects to my phone every time I get in my car and start it. Music quality is superb. 

Grom have a lot of negative reviews and good ones too. They have a habit of ******g up which is annoying. 

I recommend this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JN9MD28/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have it on my IS250 navigation stereo and it just plugs in the back of the stereo where an additional CD mag would be connected. Sound quality is exactly as with the CDs or radio and steering controls work with it too. just be careful not to damage the dashboard near the vents when removing the stereo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

Interesting ... I don't think this is widely known in this forum and for the price it is certainly worth trying.

I know this from someone on the forum too, and there is another thread on Bluetooth where I recommended this but most go with the eBay dongles as it's less hassle to install. I had the eBay dongles set up in my armrest but the sound quality was bad, especially for bass. It should be pinned somewhere :) 

15 hours ago, Linas.P said:

And I guess it is recognised as CD player and you just change tracks as if it would be CD? 

That's right, all steering controls work with it. You can't see the name of the tracks playing though

Bluetooth dongle in armrest. I've posted what I bought and the sound is brilliant. Bass is accurate depending on what your listening too. BBC1 weekly drum & bass sounds awesome (so longs as you have ML) Anyway hopefully I've attached pic of my set up.

20210304_094413.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

drum & bass sounds awesome (so longs as you have ML)

20210304_094413.jpg

ML isn't actually better for bass on mk2. More clarity and louder yes, but standard system has more base.

Same actually goes for mk3 Premium vs. ML... Premium has more base.

Overall, probably the base is same on ML, but all other speakers more powerful, making overall system balance more towards mid-high than base.

This is a factual post. I've had Two is300h cars. Both from Lexus dealers and quoted as Premier Premium. Both cars were 98% identical. Same colour inside and out, same spec But my 1st ones suspension was hard and its ML wasn't as I expected it to be. 2nd one was sublime. Suspension wonderful and the ML outstanding. 

So the fact is even in identical cars with same spec the sound systems can be totally different. 

As for comparing none ML and ML in bass. ML walks all over none ML. I've had a few lexus curtacy cars of which none had ML and they were very much lacking in sub bass.

There endeth my sermon. 

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links