Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What else should I routinely change with springs and shocks??

I'm swapping my LS400 DHP springs over to standard springs so with new springs I thought I'd replace the shocks too, as they have all done nearly 145k with unquestionable valour!

What else should I be doing at the same time that's worth it while we are in there? Top mounts? Bump stops presumably?

Just want to get all the preventative stuff done while we are doing suspension stuff!

On the rear of mine the dust covers for the shock absorbers have started to disintegrate. The trouble is that they are part of the moulding that fits between the shock absorber and the body. Lexus calls them isolators. However, I did read somewhere on this forum that dust covers from elsewhere could be adapted to fit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Howplum said:

On the rear of mine the dust covers for the shock absorbers have started to disintegrate. The trouble is that they are part of the moulding that fits between the shock absorber and the body. Lexus calls them isolators. However, I did read somewhere on this forum that dust covers from elsewhere could be adapted to fit.

Thanks, I think these are what you refer to?

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-ls/lexus-ls-phase-ii-1995-2000/lexus-ls-2-steering-suspension/lexus-ls-phase-2-front-shock-absorber-boot/

I won't really know what else will need doing untill we are properly in there. I'm assuming bits like top mounts are still available??

On 3/2/2021 at 10:52 AM, Davey Blueeyes said:

I'm swapping my LS400 DHP springs over to standard springs so with new springs I thought I'd replace the shocks too, as they have all done nearly 145k with unquestionable valour!

What else should I be doing at the same time that's worth it while we are in there? Top mounts? Bump stops presumably?

Just want to get all the preventative stuff done while we are doing suspension stuff!

Put in new drop links and new bushes on the anti- roll bar,these will contribute to wear on the shock bushings if they are worn .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Put in new drop links and new bushes on the anti- roll bar,these will contribute to wear on the shock bushings if they are worn .

As always, thanks Phil, great advice.

I'm really struggling finding the correct part number for the front ARB bushes? Various sites give me 48815-50111, 48815-50151 or 48815-50151??

EDIT - actually, I'm getting conflicting parts numbers for front and rear ARB bushes

Any ideas?? Thanks anyway

David

Correct parts for the 99 LS400 are front stabiliser bar  bush 50111-48815. rear stabiliser bar bush 40060-48815R ,two bushes for each bar.

according to Toydiy official Toyota parts catolog, they should cost around a tenner each from Lexus.