Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all. My 2003 GS300 is making a noise when turning the wheel and breaking - it makes a noise like ‘durrrrrm’ for 1 second and then ‘thud thud thud thud’ and the break pedal taps every so slightly (almost as if ABS is locked on) - it doesn’t do it all the time only occasionally, what could this be? 

4 hours ago, Alexander-Lexus said:

Hi all. My 2003 GS300 is making a noise when turning the wheel and breaking - it makes a noise like ‘durrrrrm’ for 1 second and then ‘thud thud thud thud’ and the break pedal taps every so slightly (almost as if ABS is locked on) - it doesn’t do it all the time only occasionally, what could this be? 

Not being over familiar with the GS as I only had mine for 6 months or so, but it sounds like an ABS sensor is playing up.

I'd get your brake system checked asap.
Not sure if the brakes and power steering share any pumps e.t.c. but when I had a similar
thing on a different car, it was because one of the brake pads had shattered somehow
and was causing a brake fluid leak. The noise might be the pump trying to maintain pressure.

The shuddering on the brake pedal is what worries me. 

I first had this on the way to work (1 hour each way), on the way home from work the same
day, I found I no longer had any brakes at all (including handbrake), which was fun let me tell you 😉 

It’s been doing it for a few weeks; not all the time though. No leaks from what I can see and it’s ever so faint; it sounds more electrical rather than mechanical which makes me think maybe it’s a sensor? Nothing in the dash. Very strange. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links