Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h front bumper lip (Help)

I would like to upgrade the look of my RX400h (2007) to something more modern but really settle.

I've scanned the interned and this is the one I like the most:

https://visracing.com/i-30499973-2007-2009-lexus-rx330-w-type-front-lip-polyurethane.html#!year%3D2007%7C%7Cmake%3DLEXUS%7C%7Cmodel%3DRX400H

Anyone knows if this can be found in the UK or at least something similar?

Due to the age of the car it is extremely difficult to find a bumper lip or whole new bumper for these cars. I've looked for rx400h, RX300, RX, 330 even Toyota Harrier 2006.... I will really appreciate your help but also your opinion if it is worth such a modification just for the looks.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

Would love a kit (definitely in a minority on here) but I've never found a source for them in the UK/Ireland.

Those seem to be based on the Japanese factory options so you might find a kitted Harrier import floating around somewhere if you keep an eye on Gumtree/ebay/autotrader that's similar.  

Exterior mods usually don't make much sense for resale, add paint and fitting and you are spending quite a chunk of money.  I doubt it'll add anything to the value of the vehicle so the outlay would be wasted.  Still tempted myself though!

Thanks for your reply, Jaystar77

I manage to find that bumper lip in a UK website but quite pricey...

https://www.torqen.uk/specials/vis-racing/lexus/40659-vis-racing-2007-2009-lexus-rx330-w-type-front-lip-polyurethane-890945.html

Also contacted wingswest but will need around 800-1000usd to ship to UK

http://www.wingswest.com/catalog/Bmw/8-Series/2007-2009-Lexus-Rx330-W-Type-Complete-Kit-Polyurethane.html

I'm just thinking of doing it for my own sake I'm not expecting to add to car's value. Like yourself, I can imagine, we're constantly looking ways to improve-change things on our cars 🙂

I'l also contact my local body shop maybe they have something universal that can be transformed. Any idea if I need to contact my insurance for such a minor mod?

Thanks, 

• Like 1

Nice find, as you say, pricey is right!

I've settled for one of the Lexus front under-run panels (will be fitted when my crumpled 350 gets repaired) as it was relatively cheap on eBay.  The front bumper just needs something to drop the chin IMO.  I sickened myself looking at kitted Harriers in Japan, will have to settle myself with UK spec.

When it comes to insurance make sure you declare EVERYTHING lol.  If they can argue your car looked more enticing to a thief then they will use it to squirrel out of a claim.  I run a few modified cars and Adrian Flux needed full details, even down to any decals that were fitted.  Best to be safe when insurance is involved. 

Can't seem to find them on eBay at the minute but here's a quick google image:

post-1236-1201345231.jpg

Really bad angle, doesn't look too bad on the car.  It's only metal effect plastic so fairly light.

Part number was PZ415-K0951-00, I paid £79.99 delivered before Xmas.

EDIT: Lexus RX Phase 2 Front Under Run | PZ415-K0951-00 | Lexus Parts Direct seems to be in stock (Mods please remove if such links aren't allowed)

• 1 year later...

Just got my wrecked RX back on the road at last so can update with a decent pic of the lip for future reference:

20220515_182109.thumb.jpg.5a8b6b2b9d158ce774954f347cdf4a23.jpg

A bit of not-so-cheap plastic but it helps against all the black I think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links