Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Groaning noise

Ryan Mc

Hi, This is my first post on the forum so please be gentle ! 

I've just gotten a ct200h a few days ago its a 2013 with 30k miles on the clock, bought from Lexus Teesside its a lovely car.

my question is sometimes when I put my foot on the brake to start the car it makes a sort of groaning noise from the driver's side dash area ?  is this normal ?  doesn't happen all the time and the car drives absolutely perfectly. 

cheers ! 

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about problems. Hope the Lexus garage will fix the problem. Lexus UK has good reputation.

If you look at the various Lexus models the CT200H is the one that is rarely new posts about so it should be good. We are very please with the one we have.

32 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about problems. Hope the Lexus garage will fix the problem. Lexus UK has good reputation.

If you look at the various Lexus models the CT200H is the one that is rarely new posts about so it should be good. We are very please with the one we have.

cheers Las!

so I take it that this noise is not normal ? 

I thought it might be the hydrolic pump for the brakes just working or something like that.

Ryan.

52 minutes ago, Ryan Mc said:

cheers Las!

so I take it that this noise is not normal ? 

I thought it might be the hydrolic pump for the brakes just working or something like that.

Ryan.

Hi Ryan, 

Yes I believe it is the brake booster pump which makes the noise. My is300h and my wife's ct200h does it on most occasions.. 

20 minutes ago, Inazone said:

Hi Ryan, 

Yes I believe it is the brake booster pump which makes the noise. My is300h and my wife's ct200h does it on most occasions.. 

Thanks for putting my mind at rest Inazone!

I thought it must be a normal noise,  just this is my first Hybrid so I was not sure.

Thanks 

Ryan.

17 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

My hybrid makes lots of funny noises which sound disconcerting but are normal. 

Haha yes they do make some strange sounds ! My CT200H just sounds so different to my 1.33 yaris it replaces .

as long as it's all normal that's fine tho!

3 hours ago, Ryan Mc said:

Hi, This is my first post on the forum so please be gentle ! 

I've just gotten a ct200h a few days ago its a 2013 with 30k miles on the clock, bought from Lexus Teesside its a lovely car.

my question is sometimes when I put my foot on the brake to start the car it makes a sort of groaning noise from the driver's side dash area ?  is this normal ?  doesn't happen all the time and the car drives absolutely perfectly. 

cheers ! 

my 450h does it while in park when I press the break i assumed this was normal?

12 minutes ago, Riccccccardo said:

my 450h does it while in park when I press the break i assumed this was normal?

I'm hoping / presuming it is normal,  My car is very low mileage 30k with full Lexus service history and serviced By Lexus The day before I collected the car so I would be surprised if the car had a problem ! 

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

My hybrid makes lots of funny noises which sound disconcerting but are normal. 

Come on. Are all you guys telling me that I do not hear well?

Or just lucky to have a quiet car?

3 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Come on. Are all you guys telling me that I do not hear well?

Or just lucky to have a quiet car?

so your car makes no noise ? 

39 minutes ago, Ryan Mc said:

so your car makes no noise ? 

When alone in the car I listen to loud music, and when suddenly braking hard the brakes make different noise than non-hybrids, but when driving normal it is a very quiet car.

Less noise than a MB 300SEL 6.3 and less noise than a MB 350SE. Not to mention a Lancia Delta EVO2.

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

When alone in the car I listen to loud music, and when suddenly braking hard the brakes make different noise than non-hybrids, but when driving normal it is a very quiet car.

Less noise than a MB 300SEL 6.3 and less noise than a MB 350SE. Not to mention a Lancia Delta EVO2.

so the trick is blast my music 🤣! Evo2 wow nice car !

• Like 1

The strangest noise is when you switch off and wait a couple of minutes before getting out. My 400h can seem to come alive and "jump" - does not move but seems like it wants to! The braking feel is very different on the hybrid. After reading about rear brake issues, due to lack of use, once a week if I am descending a hill I slip it into neutral and apply the brake - obviously (John) when it is safe to do so!

15 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

The strangest noise is when you switch off and wait a couple of minutes before getting out. My 400h can seem to come alive and "jump" - does not move but seems like it wants to! The braking feel is very different on the hybrid. After reading about rear brake issues, due to lack of use, once a week if I am descending a hill I slip it into neutral and apply the brake - obviously (John) when it is safe to do so!

yeah if I turn my car off and wait a minute or so it makes a sort of dull groaning noise then sometimes a click its really weird 🤔😅

From what I've read it's all to do with the brake hydrolic pump making the noise ? seems to be normal for the car type .

so the trick is blast my music 🤣! Evo2 wow nice car !

Absolutely. Music is the key. Not really loud, but good.

My wife did not like the EVO2. Was only in it once.

10 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Absolutely. Music is the key. Not really loud, but good.

My wife did not like the EVO2. Was only in it once.

Great advice 🤣👍 why was your wife only in the car once ? is it because she said she didn't like it so you divorced her ! 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣👍

20 hours ago, Ryan Mc said:

... bought from Lexus Teesside it's a lovely car.

And I guess you have at least 12 months worth of excellent Lexus warranty for peace of mind as well...

1 hour ago, PCM said:

And I guess you have at least 12 months worth of excellent Lexus warranty for peace of mind as well...

yes I have got Lexus warranty with the car, I'm just to stop worrying and enjoy my lovely new car 😃

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

After reading about rear brake issues, due to lack of use, once a week if I am descending a hill I slip it into neutral and apply the brake

Interesting to hear this idea. What's the reasoning behind it?

4 hours ago, Ryan Mc said:

Great advice 🤣👍 why was your wife only in the car once ? is it because she said she didn't like it so you divorced her ! 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣👍

Not correct. I never won anything in it (tried only twice) so it was doomed. I will never be Carlos, Sébastien or Ulli.

yes I have got Lexus warranty with the car, I'm just to stop worrying and enjoy my lovely new car 😃

That is the right spirit.

Enjoy the car. Lexus make premium quality.

Wellllllll I blaze my cars Mark Levinson 15 speaker 835 watts system like I’m in a nightclub best system I’ve ever had it’s so powerful it’s shocking on my prev audi 220 watts I had all the setting up when I tried the same thing in the Lexus almost blew my ears out so now only have bass one above normal all I can take 🤣