Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight levelling system - SC430

Richard Lawn

Having problem with headlight levelling system - namely warning lamp (Is this an MOT failure?) and front sensor at left front wheel arch seized. Anyone know of a clone replacement for SC, most on eBay, of which there are a lot, seem to exclude this one model? Reluctant to pay full Lexus spare price - this is after all just a simple carbon-track potentiometer.

It will be an MOT fail as the self-levelling is required when HID lights are fitted.

However, it's not necessary to pay Lexus prices as most of the sensors are the same, whether or not the SC is mentioned. You just need to ensure that they are the same orientation (there are clockwise and anti-clockwise ones).

I fitted this one and it's been fine. Good quality and looks identical to the Lexus original.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Headlamp-Level-Height-Adjuster-Sensor-Fits-Lexus-Mazda-Toyota-RVJ356/123188493683?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DocT said:

It will be an MOT fail as the self-levelling is required when HID lights are fitted.

However, it's not necessary to pay Lexus prices as most of the sensors are the same, whether or not the SC is mentioned. You just need to ensure that they are the same orientation (there are clockwise and anti-clockwise ones).

I fitted this one and it's been fine. Good quality and looks identical to the Lexus original.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Headlamp-Level-Height-Adjuster-Sensor-Fits-Lexus-Mazda-Toyota-RVJ356/123188493683?

Great advise 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Bob, but I have tried something similar. When I first saw warning light I read up on others experience and most problems seem to have been due to sensor in rear suspension - it picks up a lot of wet crud from the road here. So I bought a clone replacement, very similar if not the same as your recommendation and replaced it. No change, so looking at front sensor next, I could see it had received a knock and on removal found it seized. So having now got the old rear sensor which since no change, assumed to be OK and looks identical, I put it in place of the front one. But still error light (and no movement of headlights when switched on).

Next two thoughts, are front and rear sensors identical (I found out from Lexus that they have different part numbers - though they would not tell me what these part nos are, but they do include the rods etc for mounting which could explain that)?

Also when you mention clockwise and anti versions, does that mean if the wrong one is used the spindle would not rotate at all  in the right direction when in position?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links