Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replace drivers door handle

Johnlex

I have the part. I want to understand how to replace and install. Do I have to take the inside panel off or can it be done by taking the lock out and push forwards and releasing 

You will need to take the inside panel at least partially-off (probably better if you take it fully-off as that would risk braking some clips... but to be fair some clips probably will brake anyway.

There will be 1 Torx screw inside holding the handle and the clip for the lead to connect.

I will send you instructions privately.

Actually there is a video on YT specifically on how to change door handle.

Also look up a thread on here from 2018 where Normski2 did a write up with photos on changing the door handle. 

I’ve seen so many and there’s not one, only door panels and inner door handles. This is very different to the is 259 as you have to take the complete door card off to access t30 bolts. I’ve seen many diagrams and pictures but want to see a full video .

Replaced door handle.

problem was the button was broken and someone super glued the rubber bit back and it failed to work on many occasions so was very temperamental and super annoying. 

so I finally found the same colour door handle on eBay for £13, instead of actually swapping handle for handle I swapped the rubber button. Quick job 10mins. 
you have to remove the whole door panel lock to get to the t30 screw behind holding the handle in place. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links