Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H and driving modes for Economy

Hi All

I came across this post in the UX section of this forum:

I have been getting an average of 42.5 to the gallon and this was mostly on wonderful French toll-roads. I have never got more than 45 to the gallon. I was very disappointed. Today the service manager told me the following: Use eco in town, use normal on ordinary roads and short stretches of dual carriageway but, and this is the really surprising and counter-intuitive advice, use Sport on the motorway! I zeroed the speedo and followed his advice for the 18 mile journey. To my absolute amazement, the economy when I reached home was 60.9 mpg.

Has anyone else tried the diff modes and can share any advice? I'm getting an average of 46mpg which in mixed driving which is lower then i'd expected.

On a related interesting note, I did go into the dealer recently and they charged my Aux batt fully (this was for a diff issue) and on the way back my MPG actually seemed to be better by 5mpg however it was only 1 journey so may have been a coincidence as I cannot see the link between that batt and my mpg improving by that much..

I use Eco around town and normal mode on the motorways/duel carridgeway.

Sport mode gets used when im on the traffic light grand prix 😁

My average across a working week is 50.5mpg, this has improved over the last few weeks, especially now the weather is improving