Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF Suspension

Evening all,

So who has lowered their GSF?  For those that did, did you just get some springs or full coilovers?

I'm not looking to slam, just drop it a touch and space the wheels so the stance is just right - but curious to hear people's opinions.

Got to admit I wouldn't want to coil over a GSF. Bumps are gonna feel firmer than walking on Lego.  

Personally if I was going to lower it I would bag it. 

7 hours ago, Arnett said:

Got to admit I wouldn't want to coil over a GSF. Bumps are gonna feel firmer than walking on Lego.  

Personally if I was going to lower it I would bag it. 

Except they already have coilovers, difference is aftermarket ones are adjustable. 

I don't think it would make it any more firm than stock depending on what spring rates / damping settings - unless you want it to.

50 minutes ago, speedfreek said:

I don't think it would make it any more firm than stock depending on what spring rates / damping settings - unless you want it to.

The problem is that almost all aftermarket suspension items are designed to be harder, even at the softest setting - it is why people are upgrading. Also if you are lowering then you have less suspension travel, so you need to have higher spring rates to avoid bottoming out too often.