Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H Purchase Watch Outs

Don't be afraid to buy lexus with air suspension, i have one in Lithuania 2014 without air suspension and one here in London 2010 with air suspension.With air suspension ride is much softer and smoother.Car has 110000 miles, no problems whatsoever.Hard suspension perhaps has those drivers who is inflating too much air then is recomended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morkunas said:

Don't be afraid to buy lexus with air suspension, i have one in Lithuania 2014 without air suspension and one here in London 2010 with air suspension.With air suspension ride is much softer and smoother.Car has 110000 miles, no problems whatsoever.Hard suspension perhaps has those drivers who is inflating too much air then is recomended.

That's interesting as I find the air suspension on my car to be rather more firm than I like and on another thread it said standard shocks were longer and the ride softer than with air.  I run my tyres just slightly below recommended pressure to compensate but there is normally only my wife and me and I think the MPG suffers a little.  Comfort trumps with advancing years though!

Things are difficult with pandemic restrictions now but if possible I would recommend testing models with and without air suspension before buying, which I wish I had done, as apart from the difference in ride which is subjective, the cost of replacing air struts is definitely very high, as I found to my cost. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

That's interesting as I find the air suspension on my car to be rather more firm than I like and on another thread it said standard shocks were longer and the ride softer than with air.  I run my tyres just slightly below recommended pressure to compensate but there is normally only my wife and me and I think the MPG suffers a little.  Comfort trumps with advancing years though!

Things are difficult with pandemic restrictions now but if possible I would recommend testing models with and without air suspension before buying, which I wish I had done, as apart from the difference in ride which is subjective, the cost of replacing air struts is definitely very high, as I found to my cost. 

The positive though Barry, is that if you are planning on keeping the car for a while, then at least you have the reassurance the air struts are in a good place.

5 hours ago, Cyclone said:

The positive though Barry, is that if you are planning on keeping the car for a while, then at least you have the reassurance the air struts are in a good place.

True Julian, I have new front struts now but when I asked about the rears, I was told that they were OK for the moment - which didn't sound very encouraging and it was suggested by Lexus that I take out the two year for the one price warranty, which I did.  Only thing is one is faced with same dilemma every two years thereafter, regardless of possibility of only a few miles having been covered in the interim.  The high cost of some parts and of fitting them due to involved access is of particular concern to those who only cover low miles pa.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

True Julian, I have new front struts now but when I asked about the rears, I was told that they were OK for the moment - which didn't sound very encouraging and it was suggested by Lexus that I take out the two year for the one price warranty, which I did.  Only thing is one is faced with same dilemma every two years thereafter, regardless of possibility of only a few miles having been covered in the interim.  The high cost of some parts and of fitting them due to involved access is of particular concern to those who only cover low miles pa.

Not so good and therefore still a concern, so makes it understandable as to why potential buyers can avoid the air suspension. I’ll possibly plan to view a couple next weekend, so I’m looking forward to that. 

Great info from everyone which is appreciated 

I’m going to plan to view an RX450H later this week or the weekend. So if you are thinking of selling or know of a nice example, then please let he know.

Jules 

2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Great info from everyone which is appreciated 

I’m going to plan to view an RX450H later this week or the weekend. So if you are thinking of selling or know of a nice example, then please let he know.

Jules 

Best of luck Jules, after one week my purchase experience is very positive. Lexus Derby in my case were excellent with a complimentary health check. So maybe your nearest Lexus franchise might give it a quick once over as part of your test drive with a promise of further business? I have also discovered there are no end of service plan combinations and LOC gold makes a huge difference on a 3 year plan which is I believe is UK applicable cheers Phil 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On my 2013 RX I have noticed some cracking on the top of the inside door jambs - see attached photo. Has anyone else seen this?

IMG_2346.png

IMG_2345.png

Edited by Jaga
Changing image type
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jaga said:

Perhaps have a look when you look at the car? I think i will post this on its own in its own thread. Interested to hear what might cause it. 

Good idea! This certainly warrants further investigation.  I wonder whether this could have resulted from previous accident damage.  Maybe take it to a Lexus approved repairer for an opinion if possible.

• Like 1

I reposted my message to try to reach a wider audience. How can I find an approved lexus repairer? Obviously a Lexus dealership but who else? Another question - do you think something like that would be covered under the extended warranty?

Edited by Jaga
typos

2 hours ago, Jaga said:

I reposted my message to try to reach a wider audience. How can I find an approved lexus repairer? Obviously a Lexus dealership but who else? Another question - do you think something like that would be covered under the extended warranty?

OK, I will reply on your other thread but you only have to ring your nearest dealership and ask them who is there recommended repairer and then contact them directly as they should be more familiar with Lexus bodywork.  When I was tail ended, Lexus Exeter (Snows), referred my car to their very large repair centre at Southampton but usually they have an approved repair centre much nearer to their sales/service branch.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links