Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, 

Front headlights are so low, that I can only see like 5mtrs at night. Left car for service at toyota garage (no Lexus garage close by) and asked them to check lights too. They came back with saying headlight units are gone and they cant lift them, I need to get whole new units. Checked the prices for new headlight units and thought nah, I think I will live with that, as it doesn't affect me in town and I only do couple long night journeys a year, and beam lights are still ok. Few months later took front passenger wheel off  to check absorbers and found headlight level sensor- linkage which was seized and snapped in half, so the lever which controls the sensor was hanging fully down. lifted half way- head lights went up..

I am not a mechanic but surely they know that type of sensor exists.. Spend £1000+ just like that.. 

Hope this may be useful for someone before they buy full headlight units🙂

If you need the ride height sensor - SGS Engineering do one for the LS400 - you could ask if it will the GS or perhaps they can make one for you.

This is a common problem on the LS400 aswell

• Like 1

The sensor shaft can easily be repaired by epoxying a piece of metal tubing over the broken pieces. Free of the seized ball joints at either end before doing this.
You cannot buy the shaft on it's own it only comes as a complete assembly at wallet ectomy prices.

John.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links