Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Simple Unintrusive Iphone 7 Music Solution

Is it possible to play music though the Mark Levinson stereo without major surgery to the dash?

I guess I can go cigar lighter -> Usb power ->  apple connecting gizmo + Iphone -> cassette.

Is there a more simple route?

TIA

In RX450h you can connect a phone via Bluetooth. Messy as hell with the ancient Lexus multimedia system, but once set up works fine.

There is also a 3.5mm Audio-in socket in the storage box between the seats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another option is an FM Transmitter plugged into the Headphone jack?  Then just tune the Radio to the broadcasted frequency.  I did this with my sons' portable DVD players in the back so the sound came out of the speakers for them rather than the DVD units.

• Thanks 1

You can get FM transmitters that receive Bluetooth from the phone and then broadcast the music on an FM frequency. All you have to do is tune your tuner to that FM frequency to receive the music signal. Once upon a time they used to be illegal, but have been legal since 2006.

Usually the units plug into the 12v lighter socket and once set up are pretty easy to use. No messy wires. 

There are loads of different ones available in the online sites like eBay and amazon. Some also take and make calls, some also provide USB charging ports.

A search for car Bluetooth FM transmitter will show you how many options there are. 

Or alternatively a Bluetooth cassette module that is slotted into the cassette unit and converts Bluetooth to cassette audio. But the wireless ones run off batteries and only last so long.