Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good Morning, 

Just by way of an  intro I joined the club today after acquiring a 2011/2012 MY, RX 450h, Argento Ice with grey leather, and it's brilliant!

It was from the Lexus dealer in Newcastle, although I live in Derbyshire, and they have been hugely helpful. I also drive a Jaguar XKR which is getting harder to get out of! Hence the RX. As with the XK owners club I see it's a goldmine of first hand experiences in the real world and one I look forward to contributing in

• Like 5

Thanks, Darren Giles of Lexus Newcastle was spot on so maybe worth a call? They also offered me a 2nd year warranty which was a bonus. I was looking for maybe 3 months before I spotted this one. At my last look I recall a red one in Leicester and one in Boss motors Chesham worth further investigation. Prepare to negotiate hard mind😎

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Good Morning, 

Just by way of an  intro I joined the club today after acquiring a 2011/2012 MY, RX 450h, Argento Ice with grey leather, and it's brilliant!

It was from the Lexus dealer in Newcastle, although I live in Derbyshire, and they have been hugely helpful. I also drive a Jaguar XKR which is getting harder to get out of! Hence the RX. As with the XK owners club I see it's a goldmine of first hand experiences in the real world and one I look forward to contributing in

Welcome Phil,

I did something similar 18 months ago (or 3,000 pandemic miles!) when we bought our RX450.

Wonderful motor - but, what's even better is the camaraderie, knowledge and helpful advice you'll find on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 10:17 AM, Cyclone said:

Congrats. I’m on the lookout for a similar age RX450H, good to hear all went well with you and the purchasing process.

Hi, just took my car in to lexus Derby for a comp service, fantastic customer rappore. FYI, they are about to advertise a 2014 450h?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Hi, just took my car in to lexus Derby for a comp service, fantastic customer rappore. FYI, they are about to advertise a 2014 450h?

Thanks Phil, was ideally only looking at cars up to around 2012, so this is likely to be way above budget.

Welcome to the club Philip and pleased you are very happy with your new steed.  You are by no way alone in moving to an SUV because among other things it is more comfortable and provides easier access and egress.  Lexus experience goes back a long way with this type of vehicle and has built up an enviable reputation as surveys show for reliability and satisfaction by owners and  by and large of it's dealership. I think there are more attractive SUVs than the RX available but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this aspect becomes less important as one becomes older and that other aspects become more important.

Don't forget to post some pics!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

Welcome to the club Philip and pleased you are very happy with your new steed.  You are by no way alone in moving to an SUV because among other things it is more comfortable and provides easier access and egress.  Lexus experience goes back a long way with this type of vehicle and has built up an enviable reputation as surveys show for reliability and satisfaction by owners and  by and large of it's dealership. I think there are more attractive SUVs than the RX available but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this aspect becomes less important as one becomes older and that other aspects become more important.

Don't forget to post some pics!

Hi Barry, and many thanks for the note. Your comment re beauty reminds of one from Steve Wozniak,

"My primary phone is the Iphone, I love the beauty of it. But I wish it did all the things my Android does. I really do" Could have been talking about the RX450H versus others

And one of those things we have is relative rarity. I suspect, like me, you grew up to engender critical thinking and analysis into your decision making in life. In doing so you ignore group think and don't follow the herd, hence you end up with Lexus. 

I have a Greek lady friend who once bought a red Alfa romeo and I said, but Anastasia they are so temperamental and she said,Philip, I am Greek, what else could I do? 

So we both arrived at what we wanted but from different logic😎

• Like 1