Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beware Of Heavy Coupé Door

I have spent the last couple of days with a bandaged wrist as the result of a quarrel with the driver-side door of my RC.

This is what happened.  Having parked sideways on a slope with the driver's side uppermost, and being unable to easily open the door to the holding

position because of its weight, I gave it a strong shove so that I could swing one foot out onto the ground and hold a position that allowed me to get

out.  Unfortunately, when I caught the door to stop it crushing my leg on its return swing I felt a stabbing pain in my wrist, which I then worsened by

pushing the door open as per my original intent.  After a while the base of my hand and wrist became swollen, evidencing a classic sprain.

This was, of course, entirely my own stupid fault, but, if I was taught any lesson apart from it being safer not to park a long-doored coupé on a slope,

it was to remember to slide the seat all the way back in order to facilitate pushing the door open in similar circumstances and never in future attempt

to counteract the force of gravity. 

• Sad 1

Bernard:  thanks for your sympathy, which I don’t deserve. The bandage is now off.  I doubt if it could ever have happened in NL, where there are not too many slopes to park on ... !!!!

Well Renato cars are dangerous animals. I managed to hit myself on the head with the trunk of my IS300H..

The trunk is light and the spring does not slow the movement enough so on first occasion i opened the trunk, bend forward looking into the opening and got a nasty surprise as the trunk after opening moved the other direction hitting me on the back of my head. If this would happen in the states i could propably earn 20 million dollars as compensation!

• Like 1

Thought it was going to be something to do with this! 

'Closing the door' (hold the handle and shut it) rather than throw the door shut, possibly with both feet leaving the ground as you do so!

Top of my list of grinds my gears/first world problems 😄

car-be-gentle-closing-door-passenger.thumb.jpg.d1174dcc07b8afb6c4c26f525f17a0c6.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links