Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shock absorbers part number ?

Chris_G

Hi all.  Can anyone help me please with the correct part number for a Front Offside shock absorber for a 2007 IS220D ?   On different sites I'm variously seeing 48510-53160, and 48510-53161.  What's the difference (is it just the model year ?)   Also - are these shocks "handed" - ie, is the left same as the right ?  Cheers all - thanks in advance.

I believe the part code is 48510-80359.

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-is/lexus-is-phase-ii-2006-2013/lexus-is-2-steering-suspension/lexus-is-phase-2-diesel-o-s-f-shock-absorber/

You need to be careful with online databases - suspension parts are country/region specific.

The left and right shocks are different.

• Like 1

From Megazip and Japan Spares web sites you can find spare parts for your car and their original part Nos. The identification tag on your car's passenger side pillar has all the data to help you find your model in their web sites.

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, Linas.P said:

And it is good ideal to replace things like shock absorbers in pairs.

Yeah, I know - thanks for making the point though... only problem is, I'm on a very tight budget right now... maybe I'll look for a used pair.

Cheers

47 minutes ago, Chris_G said:

Many thanks Colin.   Presumably no variance within mainland UK, though ?

Cheers

Lexus Parts Direct is Lexus Swindon, they are typically the cheapest amongst Lexus dealers.

If you wanted something third party then look at somewhere like autodoc.co.uk where you will be able to get two KYB shocks cheaper than a single Lexus one - and I'd recommend getting both sides as the characteristics will be slightly different between OEM and third party -  and even just replacing OEM with OEM at that age will produce a difference to recommend getting both sides.

5 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Lexus Parts Direct is Lexus Swindon, they are typically the cheapest amongst Lexus dealers.

If you wanted something third party then look at somewhere like autodoc.co.uk where you will be able to get two KYB shocks cheaper than a single Lexus one - and I'd recommend getting both sides as the characteristics will be slightly different between OEM and third party -  and even just replacing OEM with OEM at that age will produce a difference to recommend getting both sides.

Good advice, thanks Colin.