Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220d 2007 battery terminal positions

Need to change my Battery on my 2007 is220d however putting the reg number into most websites brings up batteries that have the terminals the other way around to what's currently in my car, 1 site mentions type 1 and type 2 when when checking compatibility, Did lexus change the Battery orientation in certain cars or is the incorrect Battery currently in mine? Current Battery is a Varta G7 but the Varta G8 comes up when searching.

Do not trust sellers information and double check the terminals of any Battery you buy or attempt to fit as it will be very very expensive if you reverse polarity, even for a split second, when connecting  it.

The Battery terminals go next to the firewall (bulkhead). Given that, the terminals will probably only fit one way round - the leads will be too short otherwise. I'm not familiar with the underbonnet layout on the IS220d but that should give you a clue. The G7 and G8 are the same Battery with the terminals the opposite way round. Looking at pics on eBay of the underbonnet, I'm pretty sure that the G7 is correct. Or alternative batteries with the terminals in that orientation. It's UK code 335.

It is likely that the G7 is unusual and they try and fob you off with the G8 (or equivalents) which will be much more common. That situation certainly applies with the IS250 which has a similar orientaion/layout (but a different battery).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links