Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys I have booked car for paint correction and ceramic coating kamikaze zipang with Barry at Auto Detox  at end of the month.                    Has anyone had experience of work by Barry Auto detox or kamikaze zipang all reviews and comments much appreciated.thanks 

This is another comment that doesn’t answer your questions, but just to ask if you’ve had any experience of detailing before?

I had my first experience recently when a local guy spent 4+ days on my IS250 using Modesta products - and I was delighted with the results.  I felt it was money well spent and provided a ceramic coating that should last from 8 - 10 years.  

Yesterday I gave it the first wash to remove accumulated road muck and was really impressed at how easily dirt was removed and the shine restored, using the recommended Aenso shampoos.  And of course the two bucket method with washing mitt and drying towel!

Yes, no more the easy luxury of the car wash!

Kamikazi appears to have a good rep and I’m sure you’ll be very satisfied.

• Thanks 1

I would recommend getting some PPF coverage for at least the front end if possible and especially for the carbon fibre piece at the front, after the correction has been carried out. Helps to keep the stone chips and bird etching away. 👍🏾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I would recommend getting some PPF coverage for at least the front end if possible and especially for the carbon fibre piece at the front, after the correction has been carried out. Helps to keep the stone chips and bird etching away. 👍🏾

A good thought.  I didn’t have it done on mine because I felt I’d spent quite enough and the paint correction dealt with what very minimal marks there were.  Also I do very little mileage these days so the risk is very limited.  However the results are very impressive.

My guy’s next client was having the entire car wrapped!

• Like 1

Thanks guys,it will be my first experience of detailing and coating. Unfortunately the front carbon fibre piece has afew stone chip marks but Barry does not deal with that any advice on sorting stone chips on front carbon fibre appreciated,many thanks 

21 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

any advice on sorting stone chips on front carbon fibre

Just don't look at them 😆 mine is battered from some 'spirited' driving on some less than ideal roads...

You'll be super happy after a detail and coating. Did all mine myself over a weekend last year and it is honestly so satisfying the next clean after its been detailed and protected properly!

Make sure you upload some pics 😉

• Thanks 1

At 48 yrs of age am I still in the age range of “ mid life crisis “????????. The reason I ask is I have bought a cheap Dvla  plate V888 GSF for car ,something I have never liked for my cars now having done so I am eager to find reasoning behind this and feel “ mid life crisis “ will do!!!!!. Please help 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 8:23 PM, Gsf grey solihull said:

At 48 yrs of age am I still in the age range of “ mid life crisis “????????. The reason I ask is I have bought a cheap Dvla  plate V888 GSF for car ,something I have never liked for my cars now having done so I am eager to find reasoning behind this and feel “ mid life crisis “ will do!!!!!. Please help 

I peaked early... had my plate since 26 (now 30) and having been trying to negotiate on other plates on and off - because I tell myself there will be other cars in the garage in the undefined future! 😆😆

Edited by ColinBarber
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

As a 32 yo yobo I approve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Thanks guys,it will be my first experience of detailing and coating. Unfortunately the front carbon fibre piece has afew stone chip marks but Barry does not deal with that any advice on sorting stone chips on front carbon fibre appreciated,many thanks 

I had mine restored last summer. It’s not perfect but only a keen eye would spot the difference and it looks much better than it did. Luckily most of the damage was just in the lacquered, so Topaz in Bristol removed and re lacquered the carbon trim before placing PPF over the top. A replacement carbon section was in the region of £4000 😱. For some reason, I think it was cheaper to replace the whole front grill which included the carbon piece but that was around £3000. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I had mine restored last summer. It’s not perfect but only a keen eye would spot the difference and it looks much better than it did. Luckily most of the damage was just in the lacquered, so Topaz in Bristol removed and re lacquered the carbon trim before placing PPF over the top. 

It was highlighted to me when I went to show car and book in for ceramic coating and now I can’t stop staring at it!!!!!!😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

It was highlighted to me when I went to show car and book in for ceramic coating and now I can’t stop staring at it!!!!!!😂😂😂

I know the feeling. We purchased the car without seeing it in person and funnily enough the dealers description no major stone chips didn’t include the carbon piece. I lived with it for a year but then had the whole front bumper restored and the front end and wing mirrors PPFd, as people pulling in front of me leaving no space stressed me out on the school runs 🤦🏽‍♂️🙄

• Like 1

My car was immaculate. Literally... 

But then after a few commutes to work I have 2 chips on a door from stone. A couple on the bonnet and one on a caliper.

I curbed it and the wife borrowed it and came back needing all its wheels needing to be done 🙄🤦

My brother helped me dry the car and added some scratches to the paint work 😂

I've grit my teeth but it is what it is. 

Plan to get all the chips and wheels sorted hoping to get a good price on them as it's a few little jobs and lexus effectively want 100 per item through there smart guy. 

Then going full HD, ceramic loving swirl removing goodness.  May not bother with PPF as the temptation of wrapping it is becoming high 😅

• Like 2

Our GSF had a smart repair carried out on the front bumper before we purchased it and it wasn’t very good at all. I wish the dealer left the chip alone and it is one of the reasons we had the front bumper restored by a proper body shop. I also haven’t had a very good experience with the local ‘Lexus Approved’ body shop which turned out to be Bristol Audi. I think some of the Lexus paints (Sonic Titanium & Arctic Pearl to name a couple) are very hard match and they never seem to be able to do it. Hence why I’ve gone for the PPF this time ! 

• Like 1

My thinking was to once get the car scrubbed up well,suited and booted ,glowing and wafting of old spice (aftershave) unashamedly in all its glory !!!!!,hence I have had alloys refurbished coincidentally I had 4new PS4,full service ,it’s first mot and new extended warranty ,discs and pads at Lexus and will be going for full kamikaze zipang coating,glass and wheels off coating finished off with new plate v888 gsf ,reason for plate is to help make it easier for poor Ferrari driver i keep bumping into so he knows it’s a Gsf that ruined his Sunday morning drive!!!!!!. Having read this myself I am definitely sure its “midlife crisis “ or side effects of no holiday 

Ceramic coating (the proper stuff), is an amazing product and worth the cost. If you're like me and anal about paint and the condition of the car, ceramics a great way to protect you from tree sap, bird lime, poor washing techniques and generic issues related to making cleaning a car a laborious job. I detail my car and others (not my main profession) and ceramic coatings are just fantastic when it comes to cleaning. Makes the job a dream.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

My thinking was to once get the car scrubbed up well,suited and booted ,glowing and wafting of old spice (aftershave) unashamedly in all its glory !!!!!,hence I have had alloys refurbished coincidentally I had 4new PS4,full service ,it’s first mot and new extended warranty ,discs and pads at Lexus and will be going for full kamikaze zipang coating,glass and wheels off coating finished off with new plate v888 gsf ,reason for plate is to help make it easier for poor Ferrari driver i keep bumping into so he knows it’s a Gsf that ruined his Sunday morning drive!!!!!!. Having read this myself I am definitely sure its “midlife crisis “ or side effects of no holiday 

So... I use an in car oil diffuser blowing out creed Aventus... Anyone that sits in my car always mentions how good it smells inside 😅

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, RichGS11 said:

Ceramic coating (the proper stuff), is an amazing product and worth the cost. If you're like me and anal about paint and the condition of the car, ceramics a great way to protect you from tree sap, bird lime, poor washing techniques and generic issues related to making cleaning a car a laborious job. I detail my car and others (not my main profession) and ceramic coatings are just fantastic when it comes to cleaning. Makes the job a dream.

Wow your Gs looks fantastic,i had my gs430 se 2002 model till 2018 did enjoy and do miss it 

29 minutes ago, Arnett said:

So... I use an in car oil diffuser blowing out creed Aventus... Anyone that sits in my car always mentions how good it smells inside 😅

Okay that’s the way forward will have to tell kids daddy doesn’t need “old spice “anymore for Father’s Day or birthday!!!!!!😂😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Okay that’s the way forward will have to tell kids daddy doesn’t need “old spice “anymore for Father’s Day or birthday!!!!!!😂😂😂

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Humidifier-Essential-Diffuser-Freshener-Automobile/dp/B07T8Z766J/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=in+car+essential+oil+diffuser&qid=1615258258&sr=8-5

Plugged into the port behind the arm rest so it doesn't make my cabin cluttered. 

Paired with https://www.amazon.co.uk/Designer-Fragrance-Diffusers-Potpouri-Manufacturer/dp/B07BYGKQ1K/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=designer+essential+oils&qid=1615258423&sprefix=designer+essential&sr=8-10

Dilute away and a lush smelling car. 😉 I'll even buy some eucalyptus scents incase I get a cold later in the year. Moving sinus clearance 😂

• Haha 2

I love a wheels off clean, my dad has quik jacks and the wheel cleaning obsession is next level when you can properly get into the barrell and behind the spokes, coated them and then calipers with ceramic is the way forward, will do the whole car in the future as its currently a bit worse for wear with stone chips etc, i've repaired some stonechips myself and honestly felt the result was better than the 'professonal' Lexus got to do it before I picked the car up a few years back, ammonyc has some solid videos/ tool advice for DIY repairs, never though to use syringes in such a non clinical matter!

I used to spray Creed Royal Water in the air vents and under seat wents after an interior clean 😆 but now im definitely going to order this diffuser, sounds mega!

Glad we're all just as unhinged as each other! 😉🤣

• Like 1

IMG_20210203_172056_resized_20210203_052604769.thumb.jpg.32f7dd5ef4e98f7f0fa4916f33ded073.jpgIMG_20210206_104428.thumb.jpg.b463aeae0929b96ee311da4b5f71f2a5.jpg I had my ISF ceramic coated at Freshlayers in Chichester. They had it a for a couple of days, and did a wonderful job. Much easier to look after now and looks stunning in the sunshine,its really brought out the deep sparkle effect, as you can see!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links