Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap ? IS-F

44 minutes ago, C.B said:

You can warranty a car for pretty much as long as you want (I'm sure there is a limit) but you must have taken it out before the car is 10 years old.

You cannot indefinitely extend an official Lexus warranty

If you bought an Approved Pre-Owned vehicle and your car is approaching the end of its current warranty, you can renew your warranty cover now and continue to extend it until your vehicle is 10 years old.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, C.B said:

You can warranty a car for pretty much as long as you want (I'm sure there is a limit) but you must have taken it out before the car is 10 years old.

Yes... so car being 12-13 years old means you most definitely could not have taken warranty before it is 10 years old. Unless somehow previous owner had warranty and you can extend it after it is transferred to you.  

35 minutes ago, Jezpatel said:

No mention of service history in the ad...

I wonder how cheap and easy it is to really fix/replace the nav screen too 

I think quoted £100 is on the low side, that would be reproduction screen from China and assuming you fit it yourself (even then with shipping and few basic tools it is closer to £200). Quality as awful as original one. If you look for somebody else to to it for you, then closer to £300. Lexus Dealership, probably £500+.

Worst case scenario - replace entire unit at ~£500-700 (used). But I would not pay 1 penny for Lexus Sat-Nav anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

You cannot indefinitely extend an official Lexus warranty

If you bought an Approved Pre-Owned vehicle and your car is approaching the end of its current warranty, you can renew your warranty cover now and continue to extend it until your vehicle is 10 years old.

Exactly what I said then :confused1: it also doesnt need to be pre approved, Lexus will allow you to take the warranty out after an inspection even if not pre approved.

@Linas.P When my car approached 10 years old, I still had 2 years of warranty to run, yet Lexus were happy to let me purchase another 2, 4 or more years which would be added to the end of my existing 2. The only caveat is that it must be purchased before 10 years old.

That’s awesome.  Mine is 7-8 years old with just over 2 years warranty left.

If I extend it further that’s awesome as I’m intending to keep the beast - I mean car - long term.

16 minutes ago, Arth_Vader said:

That’s awesome.  Mine is 7-8 years old with just over 2 years warranty left.

If I extend it further that’s awesome as I’m intending to keep the beast - I mean car - long term.

I think you were correct the first time 🙂

I've also had it suggested by the dealership that I would be able to extend the current warranty further before the ISF reaches 10 years old...

I made contact with the guy about this last week as he fairly local - he's put it on hold for at least a week or 2. He didn't say much, other than something about his loan for his other car had been delayed so he can't sell it right now, but would let me know when it's back up for sale.

Not too bothered about the broken sat nav, however I would want to get it replaced with something better. Seen a few upgrades where people have added a second screen below the original. Any ideas on cost to replace the whole unit with something better? I'm guessing a min of £500?

Mike

4 minutes ago, mikey236 said:

Seen a few upgrades where people have added a second screen below the original. Any ideas on cost to replace the whole unit with something better? I'm guessing a min of £500?

Absolutely, Lexus sat-nav is terrible, no point fixing it.

Second screen would be quite "old-school" and probably custom job. 

Nowadays, easiest way is just to get large android screen instead (they are ~£200-500 depending on spec.) with correct buttons for climate control. Something like that:

10.4" Tesla Vertical Screen Android Headunit Autoradio Head Unit Car Stereo  GPS for Lexus IS IS250 IS300 IS350 2007 2008 | Car stereo, Lexus, Lexus  is250Navihua Android 8.1 Car Radio for Lexus IS350 IS250 Stereo GPS Navi  10.1Inch Octa Core 2GB RAM WiFi | Car radio, Touch screen car stereo, Car  stereo

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links