Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX 450H F-Sport v Advance

Contemplating changing my SE-L. Looking at Advance and F Sport models. 

F Sport

is it the only model with single odometer display and is it customisable to display various options ?

is it the only one with Flappy Paddles and HuD as standard ?

TIA

I take it that as you are considering an Advance model as well as an F sport,  you are looking at a 3RX (as the 4RX does not have an Advance trim level)? If this is the case then the F Sport does not come with the digital display or flappy paddles. It does have the HUD though. 

When did the 4RX begin its life? i have read the 3RX specs at top of this forum, does anyone have similar for 4RX. 

If I have to trade in my 59 plate RX450H SE-L i am looking for something with same spec or better. I am not keen on an F Sport with a red interior but would appreciate the extra toys like HUD and Paddles, but wonder whether I would really use them. 

I have seen the latest brochure from Lexus so understand the new toys available but not sure when the 12" touch screen was introduced, as am probably looking at a used 2017-18 vehicle. 

Does your 17 have paddles and HuD and is screen touch ?

The 4RX was available from 2016 IIRC. 

I think both the 3RX and 4RX F Sports were available with a red interior (less popular on the 3RX) but also with a black one too. 

The HUD was standard on the 3RX F Sport but an option on the 4RX F Sport. 

The touch screen was introduced for the ‘20 model year along with apple Car Play and Android auto. 

We have a ‘12 plate RX and a ‘17 plate GSF so I’m not sure if a ‘17 plate RX comes with paddles. I can’t imagine they would be much use though with a CVT box. 

Decided on an F-Sport with red interior as once you're sat on it it is not so bad on the eyes, i'll probably learn to like it. It it an 18 plate and has paddles but no HUD but not really bothered about that. 

• Like 2

Just now, ChrisM

Decided on an F-Sport with red interior as once you're sat on it it is not so bad on the eyes, i'll probably learn to like it. It it an 18 plate and has paddles but no HUD but not really bothered about that. 

I've had a couple of Lexus with paddles and after the novelty of using them a couple of times they were never used. The sport + setting is however good fun as it stiffens the ride as well as changing the throttle response.
The customize option is also handy and I have mine set up with normal drive and stiffer suspension. It is good on twisty fast B roads.
I avoided the F sport because in the past I had an IS300h f sport and found the seats a little on the firm side, but I love the look of your model. Im sure you will love it

3 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

I've had a couple of Lexus with paddles and after the novelty of using them a couple of times they were never used. The sport + setting is however good fun as it stiffens the ride as well as changing the throttle response.
The customize option is also handy and I have mine set up with normal drive and stiffer suspension. It is good on twisty fast B roads.

My experience precisely.

After a little time spent flapping, I decided that the auto system was so good that I could leave it to get on with the job and just enjoy the driving experience.

The manual suggests that choosing you own gears may help you improve economy and, possibly, acceleration, but neither are crucial factors for me.  There also seem to be quite a few caveats regarding their use that I would probably discover at unfortunate times.

I have occasionally used the Sport mode.  The sales rep suggested it was for getting out quickly into a line of traffic.  I thought if the manoeuvre was that marginal, I probably shouldn’t do it anyway!

The manual states that apart from affecting the transmission, it also “makes the steering more precise eg when descending mountainous roads.”  Handy, no doubt, but not so much a problem in Northamptonshire.