Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty /Service Plans

Phil xxkr

Morning, does anyone happen to know if warranty and service plans are underwritten by Lexus UK or do they remain the liability of the individual franchise? 

Cheers Phil 

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Morning, does anyone happen to know if warranty and service plans are underwritten by Lexus UK or do they remain the liability of the individual franchise? 

Cheers Phil 

As I understand it there is:

- Original (3 year) manufacturers warranty - repairs can be undertaken by any Lexus franchised dealer you choose (the car must have been serviced according to the service schedule by a Lexus franchised dealer or an independent garage using Lexus parts - the onus being on you to prove this is the case if using an independent garage)

- Extended Warranty (after the 3 years) - repairs can be undertaken by any Lexus franchised dealer you choose (but the car must have been serviced by a Lexus franchised dealer - not an independent garage - for the Extended Warranty to remain valid)

- Service Plans - any work covered under the service plan must be done by the Lexus franchised dealer that sold you the service plan (either an individual dealer or in many cases within the franchise group covering a number of locations)

• Like 1

Interesting info thanks. So if you sign up for a 3 year service plan and the seller decides not to sell Lexus any longer or indeed goes broke there is no comeback? Mitsubishi was an out of the blue shock to the market so strange things can and do happen 

22 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Interesting info thanks. So if you sign up for a 3 year service plan and the seller decides not to sell Lexus any longer or indeed goes broke there is no comeback? Mitsubishi was an out of the blue shock to the market so strange things can and do happen 

The Service Plan is purchased through a franchised dealer but is administered by EMaC - in my docs it states:

Summary of Service Plan Terms:
􀂇 The Service Plan can be transferred to another Service Plan within the same dealer group. There is no additional cost to transfer your plan.
􀂇 The Service Plan can be cancelled at any stage. A refund will be calculated based on payments made, less any services costs and/or management charges.
􀂇 A cancellation charge of up to £25.00 + VAT will be deducted from your refund amount.

I'm not sure what would happen if the dealer goes broke but I pay by monthly direct debit instalments over the service plan estimated life and so in that case I would contact EMaC and potentially stop the DD as the dealer is not in a position to fulfil their part of the contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

As I understand it there is:

- Original (3 year) manufacturers warranty - repairs can be undertaken by any Lexus franchised dealer you choose (the car must have been serviced according to the service schedule by a Lexus franchised dealer or an independent garage using Lexus parts - the onus being on you to prove this is the case if using an independent garage)

- Extended Warranty (after the 3 years) - repairs can be undertaken by any Lexus franchised dealer you choose (but the car must have been serviced by a Lexus franchised dealer - not an independent garage - for the Extended Warranty to remain valid)

- Service Plans - any work covered under the service plan must be done by the Lexus franchised dealer that sold you the service plan (either an individual dealer or in many cases within the franchise group covering a number of locations)

Should i be worried if i move house then ive just started a Lexus 3 year service plan 😅 the thought of a Lexus/Toyota dealer going broke I cant imagine. 

• 1 month later...

Hi we had a sytner service plan and styler sold the franchise to Inchcape and our service plan got automatically transferred to the new company and we can get the car serviced in Nottinghamshire, Guildford or Leicester. I hope this helps. We live in Leicestershire so we go to Leicester to get things repaired or serviced at this centre and they are very good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I have had many service plans from franchised dealers like Lexus, Toyota, Mercedes, Ford and Suzuki to name but a few and never regretted it. They certainly take the sting out of that big bill when the large service comes around!

Almost all were backed by EMaC and I found them efficient and easy to deal with when changing cars and franchises.

The service advisors at Lexus Leeds have also been happy to invoice to them.

All my cars have service plans and I,  for one, am without doubt happy to continue!