Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrade Lexus IS 250 emblem

Johnlex

http://toylexparts.com/decode/pr_num/9097502114

That part is for the newer generation. It *may* fit if they kept the dimensions the same, but I guess there's no way to know without trying it. Or maybe asking someone with a newer model IS to take exact measurements of theirs to compare with yours.

Personally I think modifying cars to look like something they're not is an odd practice. Enjoy the car for what it is, older cars are usually better anyway 🙂

Like people who put M badges on non-M BMWs.. it's just wrong.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:11 AM, Johnlex said:

I love the car just having some fun adding new decoys. 
Have a look.

dust caps 

FE88AFDE-BADC-4D7A-B431-01D52DB00CE0.jpeg

Are your dust caps metal or plastic?

Lexus is now supplying plastic dust caps because the metal ones have a tendency to corrode on to the valve stem.  I know this because it happened to one of my wheels, while at a BP station trying to check the tyre pressures.  

The first three were plastic and thus were easily removed.  The last one I couldn’t budge.  A helpful motorist produced a spanner to put over the cap and in an instant he had broken the valve and wrenched the entire stem off the wheel!

Fortunately there was a Tyre retailer nearby who replaced the TPMS valve for about £75.

The  most annoying aspect was that the regular Lexus servicing included tyre pressure checks and metal caps were supposed to go on greased stems to avoid the corrosion problem.  Or now, of course, to be replaced by plastic ones.

For the obvious reasons I have always coated mine with some sort of grease as I found that they have a tendency to corrode and stick many many years ago,here are my dust caps 20210319_225626.jpg.3da8a68daeb16e10a949b5758c43119f.jpg

+1 on Not having metal dust caps, cost me £40 ( iirc) to have all 4 valves changed just after I got my 250 because the Nice looking aftermarket alloy ones were siezed solid to the stems and I could not budge them ( ever with vice grips) without fear of ripping out the rubber valve stem. I don’t expect road salt helped and I am very happy to have plain old black plastic ones now, Live & Learn!

• Like 1

Note: If you have got ACC ( Adaptive Cruise Control) on your 250c then the front emblem contains the forward facing microwave transmitter and you should not try and change it.

ACC emblem is shown in top pic

3BE13217-B0E9-45EB-9A99-9B5C6CF6CF0C.jpeg

F78FB74E-E325-46F3-968B-AB3A8C98AF66.png

On 3/20/2021 at 12:47 AM, Texas said:

Note: If you have got ACC ( Adaptive Cruise Control) on your 250c then the front emblem contains the forward facing microwave transmitter and you should not try and change it.

ACC emblem is shown in top pic

3BE13217-B0E9-45EB-9A99-9B5C6CF6CF0C.jpeg

F78FB74E-E325-46F3-968B-AB3A8C98AF66.png

yes i have the top grill with the original badge as shown in second picture. thats the emblem i want to upgrade to ///??? IS NOT POSSIBLE  ?? i dont have adaptive cruise control. thats an upgrade think

If the emblem you want is not the part designed for your car then you may have to take the plunge and be the first to ‘go for it’ and try, hopefully  it doesn’t cost an obscene amount and turn out not to be viable, you could be the one providing the answer in the future. 🤞

On 3/21/2021 at 5:09 PM, Johnlex said:

yes i have the top grill with the original badge as shown in second picture. thats the emblem i want to upgrade to ///??? IS NOT POSSIBLE  ?? i dont have adaptive cruise control. thats an upgrade think

Badge all installed 

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got round to installing my Lexus LED front badger .

I removed the old one very simple .

loads of wd-40 to remove the old sticky crap. New badge glued and it’s solid. His wires under the rubber seals. Run live wire straight to fuse box in 15amp fuse - ground wire to part of the car.

super quick easy and looks so good .

(Is it legal and pass MOT ) 

@Texas @Mr Vlad @scudney

@rich1068

C8519778-5951-4240-9056-AF6B26DF1254.jpeg

9A50E696-3E70-4983-99EA-41C3F4DF5E20.jpeg

A1B7B161-C61B-4381-BAA1-F745144063DC.jpeg

2DC05788-2E59-4AFF-A018-3144BBCAA5A3.jpeg

E643E668-3BD1-4A2A-847A-C6346FCC2A91.jpeg

F9F76E1A-6EF5-46E5-A657-FA185EDE074F.jpeg

1A6D90EB-803D-47A4-A66C-7B4D2FB30408.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links