Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New LC 500 paint defect

pepapol

Im pretty sure that must have happened after the car left the factory. Its actually very very common for new cars to have paint and all sorts after the factory as they do get damaged on the way to the UK. Its something like 50-60%. Obviously much more difficulty on a sonic red car to match the paint perfectly etc.

I think you were refunded quite quickly in all honesty. Its not uncommon for things like this to take in excess of 2 months following the initial steps of rejection.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rayaans said:

Im pretty sure that must have happened after the car left the factory. Its actually very very common for new cars to have paint and all sorts after the factory as they do get damaged on the way to the UK. Its something like 50-60%. Obviously much more difficulty on a sonic red car to match the paint perfectly etc.

I think you were refunded quite quickly in all honesty. Its not uncommon for things like this to take in excess of 2 months following the initial steps of rejection.

Hello Rayaan, Petr is obviously very busy with his Profession in NI. I see that he hasn’t had time to view the Forum since 1st May…

John (royoftherovers) and I, have been exchanging PM’s with Petr… It took six weeks for Petr to finally receive the refund…

I am prepared to be open and honest, and I am sure Petr wont mind me being open and honest with you…

I think Petr has chosen his words very carefully in his last two posts…

I think the damage to his brand new LC 500 must have happened at the Dealers, after they took delivery of it… 

Lexus UK, have had little, or no involvement with Petr’s problem… If the car had arrived at the Dealers with the damage, the Dealer would have taken it up with Lexus UK… and NOT supplied the damaged car to Petr…

https://www.charleshurstgroup.co.uk/about-us

In 1989, Lookers acquired SMAC Continental, based in South East England, for £14.7 million. That purchase also added SMAC's dealerships of Mercedes-Benz to Lookers portfolio of manufacturers. In February 1996, Lookers bought Charles Hurst Group, a dealership in Northern Ireland.

My dealings with Charles Hurst Bentley were very good, as you can read in this Topic.

I think Charles Hurst Lexus, have treated Petr appallingly…

• Like 1

Kevin,

Bit of useless information.SMAC stood for Southend Motor and Aero Company,based in my home town of Southend ,Essex. They originally sold BMC cars and expanded into,amongst others,Merc.

They looked after a couple of my Mercs but are now long gone.

A J.

3 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Rayaan, Petr is obviously very busy with his Profession in NI. I see that he hasn’t had time to view the Forum since 1st May…

John (royoftherovers) and I, have been exchanging PM’s with Petr… It took six weeks for Petr to finally receive the refund…

I am prepared to be open and honest, and I am sure Petr wont mind me being open and honest with you…

I think Petr has chosen his words very carefully in his last two posts…

I think the damage to his brand new LC 500 must have happened at the Dealers, after they took delivery of it… 

Lexus UK, have had little, or no involvement with Petr’s problem… If the car had arrived at the Dealers with the damage, the Dealer would have taken it up with Lexus UK… and NOT supplied the damaged car to Petr…

https://www.charleshurstgroup.co.uk/about-us

In 1989, Lookers acquired SMAC Continental, based in South East England, for £14.7 million. That purchase also added SMAC's dealerships of Mercedes-Benz to Lookers portfolio of manufacturers. In February 1996, Lookers bought Charles Hurst Group, a dealership in Northern Ireland.

My dealings with Charles Hurst Bentley were very good, as you can read in this Topic.

I think Charles Hurst Lexus, have treated Petr appallingly…

Yes exactly as I thought. This kind of damage usually does not leave the factory.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AJ500 said:

Kevin,

Bit of useless information.SMAC stood for Southend Motor and Aero Company,based in my home town of Southend ,Essex. They originally sold BMC cars and expanded into,amongst others,Merc.

They looked after a couple of my Mercs but are now long gone.

A J.

I had a couple of Mercedes from Lookers Shrewsbury. 

An E400 4MATIC AMG, and an SLK55 AMG. 

They were actually quite good to deal with…

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/nov/25/car-dealer-lookers-finally-reveals-46m-loss-in-2019

Kevin

907133665_3rdSLK55AMG.jpg

E400 4MATIC AMG.jpg

• Like 1

Hello

I am sorry for a slight hiatus between my posts - as Kevin said there were a couple of slightly turbulent weeks;-).

After our local dealership agreed to a further discount, we have with some reluctance ordered an identical new LC 500. It should arrive in September so I am hoping that we will not be 2 times unlucky.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, rayaans said:

50-60%? Maybe it's me not working in the industry but this seems like a huge number. Our second car better be bubble-wrapped and covered in cotton wool as dealing with another issue like this would probably suck the life out of me. I would probably not go back to Lexus again after that - this issue with the new car is not the first one we have had there. I also have a BMW 530d and while I did not have to deal with a similar issue, their professionalism is on another level. Maybe it's because I bought it at a small dealership, out of Belfast and they value their customers more.

Well fingers crossed.

I will of course keep the forum updated with any further news.

Petr

• Like 4

Good to read your post Petr.  

Good to read that you are happy with my post…

I have never heard the expression… “would probably suck the life out of me…!”

You learn something new every day…!

Being an ex boy from the black stuff, my words would be a lot different…!

I also like the bit about bubble-wrapped and covered in cotton wool…!

It’s good that after all you have been through, that you still have a lovely sense of humour…!

Kevin

On 5/16/2021 at 6:21 PM, pepapol said:

Hello

I am sorry for a slight hiatus between my posts - as Kevin said there were a couple of slightly turbulent weeks;-).

After our local dealership agreed to a further discount, we have with some reluctance ordered an identical new LC 500. It should arrive in September so I am hoping that we will not be 2 times unlucky.

50-60%? Maybe it's me not working in the industry but this seems like a huge number. Our second car better be bubble-wrapped and covered in cotton wool as dealing with another issue like this would probably suck the life out of me. I would probably not go back to Lexus again after that - this issue with the new car is not the first one we have had there. I also have a BMW 530d and while I did not have to deal with a similar issue, their professionalism is on another level. Maybe it's because I bought it at a small dealership, out of Belfast and they value their customers more.

Well fingers crossed.

I will of course keep the forum updated with any further news.

Petr

Yes its a very large proportion. Most cars leave the factory flawless. They get bumped and scraped along the way, get put in containers, parked in compounds with a lot of car movement and packed in quite tight. The majority of damage is actually at the dealership however

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, rayaans said:

Yes its a very large proportion. Most cars leave the factory flawless. They get bumped and scraped along the way, get put in containers, parked in compounds with a lot of car movement and packed in quite tight. The majority of damage is actually at the dealership however

Surely not 50-60%! That sounds very high. I have no data to back this up mind so it could be.

3 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Surely not 50-60%! That sounds very high. I have no data to back this up mind so it could be.

Maybe not with Lexus as the showrooms are smaller and tend not to have as much traffic. The recent Merc and BMW showroom I went to was absolute chaos and the used cars in the forecourt were parked so close to each other as well so it makes sense.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 10:03 AM, Kevin Williams said:

Any news Petr when your 2nd LC 500 is due to be delivered...?

Still no info... CH are saying likely September. I hope that the car won't be waiting for some electronics in short supply...

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I remember John, Roy of the Rovers, exchanged several messages with Petr. Petr is a surgeon at the Ulster Hospital. John's extensive knowledge of Lexus's and his business background helped Petr sort his problem... 

• Like 1

Ouch. Brand new - yes I’d also guess the dealer or transport people damaged it, it wouldn’t have left Team Takumi like that. Mines the same colour but slightly secondhand, first time I saw it was at the point of delivery from the other end of the country. Got off lightly there I think. It’s now PPF’d so I can happily disappear backwards into hedges and stuff without worrying about scratching it…

It’s honestly well worth the wait. Awesome things. Best of luck with round 2!

I have had an email reply from Petr...       Hi Kevin

Thanks for your email – very sad news about John. He really helped us a lot back then and thanks to him we’re now enjoying a fault-less car. 

Kind regards. 

Petr

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links