Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

We've only gone and done it!

Just put a deposit down on this beauty at Lexus Teeside  :yahoo:

315985283_newcar.thumb.jpg.5d6a31dee5fc967a1269b04978ffa809.jpg

1489158965_newcar1.thumb.jpg.fcb95deb809bd285feb636bd4ec03791.jpg

EDIT - I asked if this model (it's a 2018 Luxury) was valid for the Android Auto installation and he said that it's capable but they haven't yet got the hardware to retrofit the RX. I forgot to ask him if that was just Lexus Teeside or if he meant that there are no dealers anywhere in the country who can fit it to an RX yet, so does anyone know?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spacewagon52 said:

That is a lovely colour combination! Congratulations!

I don't want to ask how much but were you happy with the trade-in value they gave you for your RX?

Model? Sport? Luxury?

Cheers David :thumbsup:

I don't mind saying how much, after all it's publicly available on the website - it's just short of £33,000 and it's a 2018 Luxury, one owner, FLSH.

They gave us £14,000 trade in, which I was a bit disappointed with as Webuyanycar valued it at £13,750, but at least it takes the hassle away - just drive up in the old one and drive away in the new one.

• Like 3

I did not want to appear rude I was just interested if you were happy with the trade-in.

I have just had a sneak peek at the Lexus website and saw the Mesa red one!

What a lovely car Herbs! That is a beauty! ENJOY!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Just put a deposit down on this beauty at Lexus Teeside  :yahoo:

315985283_newcar.thumb.jpg.5d6a31dee5fc967a1269b04978ffa809.jpg

1489158965_newcar1.thumb.jpg.fcb95deb809bd285feb636bd4ec03791.jpg

EDIT - I asked if this model (it's a 2018 Luxury) was valid for the Android Auto installation and he said that it's capable but they haven't yet got the hardware to retrofit the RX. I forgot to ask him if that was just Lexus Teeside or if he meant that there are no dealers anywhere in the country who can fit it to an RX yet, so does anyone know?

^^ Accepting that I’m biased, but Mesa Red just looks beautiful when it’s clean and in the sunshine. That looks like a lovely car, really like the beige leather.

Congratulations!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KenMavor said:

YG14NBE

Is that your old one?  looking at £18990.

Damn......I would have taken it off you for £15k.

😞

No, that's not our old one Ken.

We've only put the deposit on this morning and we're doing the handover on Wednesday. If you want to keep your eyes open the reg no. of our old one is NU63 EKP.

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I did not want to appear rude I was just interested if you were happy with the trade-in.

I know what you mean David and if it was a private transaction I would feel the same way, but I just don't see why anyone would be secretive about how much they've paid when it's already in the public domain.

The old saying "There's nowt as queer as folk" is quite true though. A life-long friend of mine and his wife have no idea how much each of them earns. They have a joint account for bills and suchlike but other than that he has his account and she has hers and neither of them knows what goes in or out of the other's. Seems a strange way to live to me, but hey-ho.....

• Like 3

You and your good lady are happy with your purchase and that's all that matters and I am sure everybody here is pleased for you.  No doubt in due course you will give your opinion on the 4th gen compared to the 3rd gen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

A life-long friend of mine and his wife have no idea how much each of them earns. They have a joint account for bills and suchlike but other than that he has his account and she has hers and neither of them knows what goes in or out of the other's. Seems a strange way to live to me, but hey-ho.....

I know couples who are very similar - I find it very strange. I wonder if they had their wedding vows changed from: "For richer or poorer!" adding .. Excluding my bank account!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I`ve just caught up with this new arrival.

Many congratulations Herbie. She is a Peach and I`ve yet to learn of any dissatisfaction with Lexus Teeside.

Don`t forget to put a copy of the H/B in the Bathroom for wifey to study on those occasions in the quiet hours when ladies do like to participate in Somnambulism !

Enjoy--you deserve that gem, my friend.😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KenMavor said:

YG14NBE

Is that your old one?  looking at £18990.

Damn......I would have taken it off you for £15k.

😞

Nothing to stop a private sale before hand is there? Just a thought 

• Like 1

Love the combo as I’m a big fan of light interiors.  Lexus Teesside is my local and I’ve bought 6 new cars from them.  Who did you end up dealing with?  Tom, Chris or David?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habu said:

Love the combo as I’m a big fan of light interiors.  Lexus Teesside is my local and I’ve bought 6 new cars from them.  Who did you end up dealing with?  Tom, Chris or David?

David sold us our existing RX and also this new one too. I have to say I'm very impressed both with David personally and with the whole dealership in general.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Nothing to stop a private sale before hand is there? Just a thought 

Just completed the paperwork and returned by email this afternoon, so the wheels are already turning and the machine is in motion, so to speak.

Nice one Herbs, Happy New Wheels.  I wanted the light interior when I got my S3, makes the cabin feel more spacious I think.  I'll be in the market for a S4 next year with a bit of luck.

• Like 2

Looks like a very nice car.

I had also looked at Teeside Lexus for my next RX. Good feedback always welcome to hear.

Android auto update? I had never heard of that on a 2018 RX450 other than via 3rd party installations. Will be interested in more info.

Also will be interested in your views on series 4 vs 3 series 3 RX. Will have to move on from my RX400 one day!!

• Like 1