Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

We've only gone and done it!

4 hours ago, Herbie said:

David sold us our existing RX and also this new one too. I have to say I'm very impressed both with David personally and with the whole dealership in general.

My last 3 factory built Lexus cars were bought from David (Breckon) at Lexus Teesside as he’s a nice guy to deal with but Tom and Chris are both great guys too.

Starting to think I’ll go electric next time though.  So much choice:  Mustang Mach-E, Ioniq 5 (favourite), Kia EV6, Polestar 2, Tesla 3 et al but I think I’ll miss the solidity and reliability of Lexus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habu said:

Starting to think I’ll go electric next time though.  So much choice:  Mustang Mach-E, Ioniq 5 (favourite), Kia EV6, Polestar 2, Tesla 3 et al but I think I’ll miss the solidity and reliability of Lexus.

Yes, major changes in autos already starting and difficult to know how this will impact older tech ones so I am sitting on fence but won't speculate here and deviate from Herbs thread.  

• Like 1

Lovely colour and light interior which I prefer.

Had an IS 220D in a Red and cream cloth interior. Photo taken for the eBay Add. Scrapped as head gasket went.

Now have a 2015 Auris Hybrid estate. Black interior with white brick effect seats and light headliner. Wish Toyota/Lexus did more interior colour options and light headliner.

Lexus.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Herbie said:

Just completed the paperwork and returned by email this afternoon, so the wheels are already turning and the machine is in motion, so to speak.

That's a pity....might ping Teeside a quick email and see if I can take it off their hands at a reasonable price.....wonder what their mark up would be if I said as you roll up to the garage on Wednesday to to the swap I just take it off their hands.....

• Like 1

Lovely looking car Herbie and a cracking colour combination 😀 I specifically looked for an RX with the Ivory/Noble Brown trim when buying mine, it really does make a difference to the interior ambiance in my opinion. Welcome to the 4RX Club! 👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KenMavor said:

That's a pity....might ping Teeside a quick email and see if I can take it off their hands at a reasonable price.....wonder what their mark up would be if I said as you roll up to the garage on Wednesday to to the swap I just take it off their hands.....

Just had a chat with David from Lexus Teeside.

They dont want to give me a price until they've seen the car........which is on Wednesday.

@Herbie.....am presuming full Lexus service history, annual hybrid checks, 60k ish miles?, one careful lady owner :-), MOT to August 2021.

Anything else I cna tell them is wrong with thr car so I can get some money off?

I'd have to get a car check done as previous owner is an unsavoury charcater it seems ..... 🙂

Anyone care to guess what they will tell me the price is going to be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KenMavor said:

Just had a chat with David from Lexus Teeside.

They dont want to give me a price until they've seen the car........which is on Wednesday.

@Herbie.....am presuming full Lexus service history, annual hybrid checks, 60k ish miles?, one careful lady owner :-), MOT to August 2021.

Anything else I cna tell them is wrong with thr car so I can get some money off?

I'd have to get a car check done as previous owner is an unsavoury charcater it seems ..... 🙂

Anyone care to guess what they will tell me the price is going to be?

Hey that's great Ken, excellent :thumbup:

I know I'm obviously biased but it really is in great condition. It was sold brand new by Teeside and has been serviced by them for all its life, including the hybrid health checks. MOT as you say is due on 2nd August. I have to confess that it got out of step because I completely forgot when it was due and I was late having the test done.

Tyres are Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 2 all round with plenty of tread. The 12V Battery may be on the downward slope, I really don't know. Standing voltage is usually about 12.3V which is 70% charge, and I'm almost sure it's the original. Apart from that there really is nothing else wrong with it. I'm sure you'll have seen my topic about how I installed a more convenient jump start socket in the cabin? I made up a special lead for that so I'll leave both the lead and also the Battery pack itself for you as I've ordered a new pack for the new car.

When the insurance was due about 6 or 7 weeks ago and we realised how much the car is now worth, we thought now may be about time to swap to a newer model before we lose too much value from this one and that's literally the only reason we're changing, so I'm confident that you'll be happy with it.

They're giving us £14k for it so I think Ed will be close - I thought £16k to £16.5K.

New car looks great, will be interested to hear your thoughts on comparing it with the previous one.

I think they'll ask more for your old one, it is a great example. Steven Eagell in King's Lynn have got a maroon 63-reg Luxury with 58k up for £17,495.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

New car looks great, will be interested to hear your thoughts on comparing it with the previous one.

I think they'll ask more for your old one, it is a great example. Steven Eagell in King's Lynn have got a maroon 63-reg Luxury with 58k up for £17,495.

I’ve been tracking the prices as I’m looking for an RX myself. Most of the Lexus Dealer cars have been sat there a while - 2011-2015 generation. I’d have had the OP’s car at £14k, but agree it’ll probably be for sale around £16.5-£17k.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:40 PM, johnmac1956 said:

Looks like a very nice car.

I had also looked at Teeside Lexus for my next RX. Good feedback always welcome to hear.

Android auto update? I had never heard of that on a 2018 RX450 other than via 3rd party installations. Will be interested in more info.

Also will be interested in your views on series 4 vs 3 series 3 RX. Will have to move on from my RX400 one day!!

I have to agree that Lexus Teesside are probably the best dealership of any manufacturer that I have bought from.  Very pleasant showroom and as always the trade in didn't match my hopes,  however when Tootle were still around I sold my old motor through them for two and a half grand more than the px offered, and then bought a Lex from them.  Milke Jones was the manager then and superb to deal with. 

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Herbs ! I see very few Mesa red and was surprised to see one parking up in town just last week. It was exactly the same colour combo as yours and looked fantastic. I had a good chat with the owner as I've just had my fuel pump recall letter but he knew nothing about it ( same plate as mine 69 ).

Hope all goes well - you'll be well excited.

Alan

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KenMavor said:

£17990.........

Ouch, either a big mark up from £14k (obviously they need to cover pre sales inspection, corrective work and warranty cost), or they’d built in some profit from the sale of this against the total deal the OP did. Either way at £18k they have loads of margin.

20 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Ouch, either a big mark up from £14k (obviously they need to cover pre sales inspection, corrective work and warranty cost), or they’d built in some profit from the sale of this against the total deal the OP did. Either way at £18k they have loads of margin.

Too rich for my blood......and bank manager.....ie the wife.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KenMavor said:

Too rich for my blood......and bank manager.....ie the wife.

I enquired with the OP but you’d beat me to it. It’s a shame they couldn’t trade it straight out for a marginal fee, or allow a cash exchange prior to them taking it in. But once the initial deal is done it’s hard to change. 

The search continues.......

Well, we got home about an hour ago after a lovely leisurely drive back down from Teeside and I have to say my mind is blown. We have enjoyed every minute of ownership of our 3RX and we genuinely considered it to be the best car we'd ever bought - but the 4RX is a whole new level :thumbup:

It's SO comfortable, SO quiet and SO effortless to drive... it's just utterly amazing!

I also have to say that we had amazing service again from David at Lexus Teeside who provided a smooth and quick transaction. He noticed that the two front tyres only had 3mm tread and while that's legal, he didn't like to send it out like that so two brand new tyres were put on before we got there and also a full tank of petrol supplied too.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you Ken, Jules too, but whoever does get it will be really pleased with it.

Photos of our new beastie to follow tomorrow - I'm now going to read and inwardly digest the owners manual cover to cover :thumbsup:

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Well, we got home about an hour ago after a lovely leisurely drive back down from Teeside and I have to say my mind is blown. We have enjoyed every minute of ownership of our 3RX and we genuinely considered it to be the best car we'd ever bought - but the 4RX is a whole new level :thumbup:

It's SO comfortable, SO quiet and SO effortless to drive... it's just utterly amazing!

I also have to say that we had amazing service again from David at Lexus Teeside who provided a smooth and quick transaction. He noticed that the two front tyres only had 3mm tread and while that's legal, he didn't like to send it out like that so two brand new tyres were put on before we got there and also a full tank of petrol supplied too.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you Ken, Jules too, but whoever does get it will be really pleased with it.

Photos of our new beastie to follow tomorrow - I'm now going to read and inwardly digest the owners manual cover to cover :thumbsup:

Hi Herbie, great to hear the collection of the new RX went so well and look forward to seeing the pics of it.

Jules 

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Hope you enjoy yours as much as myself after doing the same move last August from the same dealer.

It took a little while to get used to things like the Auto parking brake but love all the auto settings now, the seats linked to the climate control etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

David from Lexus Teeside did say you seemed a bit pleased with your new toy...... lol....enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2