Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2012 CT200h Navigation Map Database update EMVN 11hdd

KnownAsCJ

Hello from a new member and new Lexus owner!

Just purchased an approved used CT200h Premium as i specifically wanted comfort, luxury and memory seats.

Upon searching the tinterweb, I have found out so far that I believe I have (please correct me if I am wrong) the EMVN 11hdd system with the update tool type as the map info screen only displays the data version and the gracenote CDDB version (Premium comes with the Mark Levinson audio).

The map data version installed appears to be straight out of the factory or possibly only upgraded in it's 1st year or 2 as it's got the 2012-2013 ver1.

I have not yet contacted my local Lexus dealer about upgrading this, as I assume there price would be much higher than I could do myself (as I am quite tech savvy).

But my questions are:

Where is the best place to purchase the latest versions from (to do it myself)

Any known issues or potential hazards to be aware of (I don't want to brick the system and be left with nothing)

Could a eBay trader from Russia really be trusted to sell the update with required activation code at a reasonable price

Or am I much better sticking with a reputable source (please provide any genuine site links)

IMG_20210319_222256732_HDR.thumb.jpg.0f3c57730aac035e6525e3a9f6492767.jpg

IMG_20210319_222304738_HDR.thumb.jpg.debd7fc1cc8f0aed4dcd61ef7e7dc439.jpg

I believe that revision of hardware needs a Lexus dealer to do an update. Something about a secondary USB behind the glovebox - can’t exactly recall the details.

The next revision (fitted to the 2013 model) can definitely be done as I have done it myself via a code/download from eBay. You have to provide your media unit id as maps are locked to a specific device.

For reference, it takes ages (hours) and you end up with more recent maps rather than a better system.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lexus quoted me £170 for the update a while ago and can only be done by them apparently.Even after the maps would still be out of date.Mines a 2011 so i haven,t bothered but the facelift later models can be done much easier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stupid me let Lexus update the 2016 map to 2020-21. Expensive and 👎

Hoped it would bring easier and more correct navigation.

Was wrong. Map is new, but still direct me in 3 possible and all 3 very much mot shortest way to where I want to go. Not that I need it here on the island, but sometime after the virus hopefully is gone or something similar thought we could drive to visit family and see old Europe mainland again. Will then use map on smartphone, that is if not 100% perfect, it still may be 100 times better.

The ML audio is the only thing in entertainment system Lexus has done right, as it is not done by Lexus. Everything else is made by a blind wearing boxing gloves.

The car is great in all other ways. Infotainment: Lexus need somebody to start from scratch to get right. Maybe all the analogue components are rigt so a genius with some new software could do nothing that would make it worse.

Did I tell you not to update? No. If you want new maps, go ahead. But that is all you will get. Try navigation system out first and see if you like it. If yes: update.

• Like 1

I never expected anything other than just a map update as I read up on others' experiences and they said you get just that. Thus, I didn't bother going to Lexus for mine. They can service the car but they (and all manufacturers that do the same) can think again if they think their mapping updates are worthy of such a cost!

The sat nav in the car is rarely used as the ubiquitous Google Maps is just better. It is however a decent fallback solution when needed.

There,s nothing out there for the early versions like mine and yours and it,s dealer only.Even then it will still be out of date as no more support for it.Like yourself i rarely use it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links