Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extra seat comfort

My wife has developed a back problem and is finding the ride in my RC300 uncomfortable; even with the heated seat. I don't want to change wheel size and it's not ready for a tyre change.  Years ago there was a product on the market, much used by taxi drivers I recall, of a sort of 'bubble' seat cover that, allegedly, eased back pain. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Just now, opsmajor said:

Would the seat heating still get through/work?

I would think so.

You can also buy those cushions with a part cut out at the back.

I made one - it's ok, not amazing...

Rather than take half measures based on trial and error It would probably be best for your wife to visit an orthopaedic supplies shop and choose

something suited to her specific requirements.  There are plenty of orthopaedic car-seat covers available online, but personal shopping is best for

this sort of item, and hopefully you can find one that won't spoil the RC's cabin aesthetics too much.

• Thanks 2

More of a temporary fix but seach the bay for neck pillow support car or something, also cheap.

It is for attaching to the head rest but they were great for back pain if you just lean back on it in a position that suits you. The bone shaped ones were ideal due to the size and way the shape moulds to your back. Feel for your lady. 

The beaded wood seat covers of the type to which Herbie provides a link were once (and maybe still are) typical  of cab-driver seats in hot climates.  They were particularly common in North Africa and the Middle East, in rental cars also, and I always thought they were mainly intended to protect the driver from hot vinyl with the massage function being secondary. Given their popularity they were clearly considered effective - but they sure were ugly!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Herbie said:

I've seen a lot of taxi drivers use these beaded seat covers if that's what you're thinking of.

Interesting Herbie.

I have had one on my Merc for 10 years. It is comfortable and keeps me cool when driving to and from Spain.

I also have one on the Lexus and have had for 6 years. I think they are great. But not to everyone`s taste.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links