Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your new car arrives. What's the first thing you do?

Carriage Return

I collect my 2018 CT200h this week.  My first ever Lexus. Having been a long time Joseph Arthur fan, I will be taking this CD with me, and track two will absolutely be the first song I play in my new baby.  I had the pleasure of seeing Arthur in New York in 2007, I feel it's only fitting that this'll be the song I drive away from the dealership to.... 

spacer.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, adamhearn said:

Check everything works as it should 😕

And that there are no exterior blemishes or omissions and that the mileage on the Odometer seems reasonable and that the tyres are all as they should be.

I would check it over to make sure it works, then use some cleaner on door handles, handbrake, window switches, start button etc and anything else that could of be touched. Have the windows down for a bit to let any potential Covid bugs out! Fit a Catloc if not already fitted.

Enjoy your car.

James👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

And that there are no exterior blemishes or omissions and that the mileage on the Odometer seems reasonable and that the tyres are all as they should be.

I always give the car a good wash - it's a great way to spot any blemishes that you miss visually.

Good luck with your new car and enjoy!

• Like 3

I would definitely get a Catloc fitted and also have a dna marking kit applied eg SelectaDNA is a cost effective option and Police approved. The second thing I'd do is look forward to build quality and reliability levels that German rivals cannot always replicate. Have fun and welcome to the LOC and Lexus family! 

I would hope that all these inspection and checking activities would have been done before buying a 2018 car, but in the absence of that then yes check everything and maybe take it for an MOT. 

On 3/22/2021 at 7:42 PM, Carriage Return said:

I collect my 2018 CT200h this week.  My first ever Lexus. Having been a long time Joseph Arthur fan, I will be taking this CD with me, and track two will absolutely be the first song I play in my new baby.  I had the pleasure of seeing Arthur in New York in 2007, I feel it's only fitting that this'll be the song I drive away from the dealership to.... 

spacer.png

I never thought I’d see Joseph Arthur on a Lexus forum!You probably already know but in a similar vein try Pete Yorn or Jesse Malin.

Enjoy your new car,by the way is it Black?

Forgot to say like you I grab a couple of my favourite cds and go for a drive.

I have a friend in Paris that alway kicks a dent in it with his foot when getting a new car, no joke, he told me that at least the first dent is his...

needless to say he also never washes or services the car at all.

5 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

You know that if you really like your car the way home is not the short way. You take a detour.

Do you like your car?

Only if there's an off-licence en-route 😋

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links