Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any thoughts on this car ...

That didn’t stay up for sale long – may have sold for asking price minus the cost of two tyres (he wants to put his own brand on) sale is based on a test drive when lockdown lifts 😀 – Will still keep it for sale in the meantime just in case tho, first time selling private but have heard of people being let down from no shows all the time. Guy does not want the box of spares I would be giving away with the car which was free, strange decision? so I will offer these to anyone who wants them when I can get an idea what’s in the box but there are calliper bits / oil filter sockets / greases etc – wont be any good to me anymore. Will be April time so will post them up after it is sold/if it is sold? Its been a blast being a member of the forum, have learnt a lot in this time, god it has been 11 years, and have passed a lot of advice on. Might be back in the future, don’t know yet.

17 hours ago, Sundance said:

That explanation works for me. 👍

If I hadn't recently bought an even-lower-mileage '06 then I would certainly have shown an interest.

Rather than taking the ding-risk option I really hope that you achieve your asking price ... if for no other reason than it helps me properly value mine! 😉

Sundance - i may have sold the car for asking price minus the cost of two rear tyres so pretty much valued the car right i think - you can use that to base the value of yours on. I did go through autotrader again last night doubting myself trying to see if i had actually overpriced it and actually looked at what was available for 06 / 07 / 08 and there are a lot of cars there at F-Sport or SE or sport models asking for more than what i had advertised mine at - a lot look quite good but when you look closely they are accident damaged (cat S & N) or dont have the ML kit, sunroof or optional alloys on them or are manual drive. Currently no good examples in the condition mine is in as an SE-L spec. One there and it has a full cream interior and looks a bit orangey but someone may like that colour combination. Taking it to local Peugeot dealer next week for a trade in value and shall see what this comes back as... probably 1600 !!!

🙂 🙂 

1 hour ago, is200 Newbie said:

Guy does not want the box of spares I would be giving away with the car which was free, strange decision? 

If he is not planning to work on car (like many people) then spares only going to take-up space which may be an issue if say living in apartment.

What I found strange that such people generally have no preference for the tyres, but this one seems to have... or he thinks that "wasting" few £ on presumably premium tyres you offering is not needed and he just fit cheapest stuff when it is needed.

1 hour ago, is200 Newbie said:

doubting myself trying to see if i had actually overpriced it

Taking it to local Peugeot dealer next week for a trade in value and shall see what this comes back as... probably 1600 !!!

🙂 🙂 

Stop worrying about it. £5500 was high price, but fair price - if there is buyer who wants car in good condition and with all the options then they had an option to pay this. Sure one can always get the car cheaper (I would), but then they will pay double or triple the price when it comes to servicing car etc. From seller side it is sometimes difficult to convince people you have done all the work and they won't need to do it again... this is partially because there are car sellers who are less than honest, so I kind of understand this sentiment. That is why I would rather get cheaper car, do fixing myself and know it is done. But in the end of the day this is preference - either you get more expensive car in better condition for more (like yours), or you get cheaper car and fix it yourself (like I would do).

In short your car was priced fair according to conditions, mileage and options.

As for dealer - they will definitely offer you £1600. The only reason they offer you more would be if you looking at the car which is over priced by £1000. The price is simply linked to the profit they aiming to make on their car - Dealers never overpays for PX. When I took mine to Lexus the guy refused to even make PX offer on my car, he said verbally that the offer would be something silly like £400 and he just don't want to offend me and then we laughed when I said that my wheels alone are easy £900... So yes be prepared to hear bottom of the barrel price which is meaningless really.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If it was me I'd would spend a bit more and go for the F Sport model, gearbox is much better in them as well as the suspension, additionally the way things are going the F sports seem to be going up in value.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:00 PM, is200 Newbie said:

Sundance - i may have sold the car for asking price minus the cost of two rear tyres so pretty much valued the car right i think - you can use that to base the value of yours on. I did go through autotrader again last night doubting myself trying to see if i had actually overpriced it and actually looked at what was available for 06 / 07 / 08 and there are a lot of cars there at F-Sport or SE or sport models asking for more than what i had advertised mine at - a lot look quite good but when you look closely they are accident damaged (cat S & N) or dont have the ML kit, sunroof or optional alloys on them or are manual drive. Currently no good examples in the condition mine is in as an SE-L spec. One there and it has a full cream interior and looks a bit orangey but someone may like that colour combination. Taking it to local Peugeot dealer next week for a trade in value and shall see what this comes back as... probably 1600 !!!

🙂 🙂 

Cheers 'Noo bie'. Mileage on mine has only just crept into the 30's but without ML, satnav and sun(moon)roof so I'd be very happy with even £5k as that would be more than I paid for it. I can't imagine that there will be too many out there with lower mileage even if I keep it a while, well serviced and valeted naturally, and also add a few k miles. 😉

3 hours ago, TheHairyBeast said:

If it was me I'd would spend a bit more and go for the F Sport model, gearbox is much better in them as well as the suspension, additionally the way things are going the F sports seem to be going up in value.

Isn't the gearbox and how it performs exactly the same? I always assumed F-Sports were like BMW's M Sport compared to their standard SE. Cosmetic differences and firmer suspension.

45 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

All specs of is250 with auto box have the same performance. Only trim differences.

Same engine and transmission, but with lowered (10mm) stiffer suspension you could claim it has better handling performance.

5 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Isn't the gearbox and how it performs exactly the same? I always assumed F-Sports were like BMW's M Sport compared to their standard SE. Cosmetic differences and firmer suspension.

Nah the F sports have upgraded suspensions and upgraded bushes from factory. About the gearbox, Im pretty sure theres something different but they also do come with upgraded break pads which mostly like none of the ones for sale may have anymore since there are other options out on the market.

Sold..... Buyer happy with asking price and also very happy with car. He has had a bargain i think. Box of bits has gone also so cant offer them here.

Onwards and upwards as they say !!! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links