Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF Discontinued ?

Been biding my time and working up to ordering a new RCF after lockdown only to be told by my local dealer that its discontinued? 

I had heard that some new models were on the horizon but surprised that its been canned , anyone know when this happened ?  

RC model line is up for the chop alongside CT and IS, but the RC F will remain as a stand-alone I think, unless that has changed? There is a Lexus announcement on March 30th about 'the future' so maybe some update on model lines etc 🙂

2 hours ago, straightliner said:

My local dealer (Jemca Reading) seem to think it’s canned 

Find a better dealer, they are just sales people after all, you don't actually expect them to know what they are actually selling? 😆 a quick google shows multiple reputable car sites stating the RC F will remain as the rest of RC lines get the chop.

2 hours ago, Silkmen said:

Yup that be correct, there is an avid Jap/ Korean youtube channel that always has the latest scoop. 'Kirk Kreifels' - I get the latest info there most of the time, great channel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Find a better dealer, they are just sales people after all, you don't actually expect them to know what they are actually selling? 😆 a quick google shows multiple reputable car sites stating the RC F will remain as the rest of RC lines get the chop.

That may well be the case worldwide but Lexus GB or Lexus Europe may have decided to call it a day as they have with the new IS.

I don't believe Jemca get any special information compared to other dealers but they are owned by Toyota so ....

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

That may well be the case worldwide

I thought the dropping of CT, IS and RC only applied to Europe rather than worldwide?

I don't believe Jemca get any special information

Wasn't a jab at the dealer itself, but more like sales people reading 'RC model discontinued' but failing to read the bit where it says excluding RC F... checked with both my local dealers and the RC F remains according to them and the configurator online allows you to go through the process.

Having talked casually with some about owning a GS F and have them go 'oh the hybrid F sport?' highlights some of their lack of scope...

11 minutes ago, straightliner said:

Lexus Milton Keynes dont agree so I will pursue a sale with them 

Glad you found a solution, hope it works out 🙂

8 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I thought the dropping of CT, IS and RC only applied to Europe rather than worldwide?

That's what I mean. The RC F may be kept alive worldwide but could still get dropped in Europe.

8 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

That's what I mean. The RC F may be kept alive worldwide but could still get dropped in Europe.

Would seem little sense to carry on making rhd cars for the JDM, Australia and NZ and not selling to UK

Either way its been confirmed today by two dealers that the RCF is available to order despite Reading insisting its not

38 minutes ago, straightliner said:

Would seem little sense to carry on making rhd cars for the JDM, Australia and NZ and not selling to UK

Why? Makes no difference to Lexus if they make a LHD or RHD one on the production line, and there are a number of differences between a European RHD vehicle and a JDM one anyway.

The 9 RC Fs sold in the UK in 2020 isn't going to have any say in whether to keep the vehicle available in Japan or not.

Why? Makes no difference to Lexus if they make a LHD or RHD one on the production line, and there are a number of differences between a European RHD vehicle and a JDM one anyway.

The 9 RC Fs sold in the UK in 2020 isn't going to have any say in whether to keep the vehicle available in Japan or not.

As much as I like my RC F with sales numbers like that why is any manufacturer going to persevere in that market.

If anyone in the UK really does want a new one now then there must be quite a few unregistered cars still available.

Let’s hope the low numbers of the car here hold up future prices...how many is it,only about 300 of them in the UK?

8 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Colin, where do you get the sales info from?  not doubting, just curious...

Thanks.

Can only really obtain from How Many Left as Lexus stopped updating their total sales number in the RC F press releases.

In 2020 there were 5 standard, and 4 track editions registered. No carbons.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shahpor said:

So, if I am reading this right, there are currently 276 GS450h Premier's in the UK?

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/lexus_gs_450h_premier_cvt#!tax

Yes, and if you then click on the new registrations tab you can see when they were first registered - most when the vehicle first launched and a bit of an uptick in 2016 with the facelift - many of those will be press vehicles or dealer demonstrator/showroom vehicles

On 3/23/2021 at 6:47 PM, hockeyedwards said:

RC model line is up for the chop alongside CT and IS, but the RC F will remain as a stand-alone I think, unless that has changed? There is a Lexus announcement on March 30th about 'the future' so maybe some update on model lines etc 🙂

This year is the last for RC F too, they may continue with LC500 for a few years and it may discontinue too, only UK market (Europe to be precised) 😞

On 3/27/2021 at 12:55 PM, Shahpor said:

Thanks 🙂

Wow, didn't realise my car was so rare.

I was thinking there was ~140 RC200t F-Sports, but apparently only 95. Premier only 5 total sold, this means 40% of Premiers are grey and on sale.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I was thinking there was ~140 RC200t F-Sports, but apparently only 95. Premier only 5 total sold, this means 40% of Premiers are grey and on sale.

Q3 2020 figures show 95 taxed and 1 SORN. But there have been a total of 119 registered - I guess some have been written off and others exported to Ireland.