Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilover help!!

Davey Blueeyes

I have coilovers on my SC, put on by a previous owner. Now they are starting to look a bit (very!) shagged. Personally I'd rather replace with stock suspension but presumably the cost of rebuilding the entire suspension will be much more than a decent new set of coilovers?

If you have any experience of coilies on an SC430, especially if you've recently bought any, raise your hand now and tell me what you got!

8 minutes ago, Davey Blueeyes said:

I have coilovers on my SC, put on by a previous owner. Now they are starting to look a bit (very!) shagged. Personally I'd rather replace with stock suspension but presumably the cost of rebuilding the entire suspension will be much more than a decent new set of coilovers?

If you have any experience of coilies on an SC430, especially if you've recently bought any, raise your hand now and tell me what you got!

sorry, no experience with SC430, but had Teins on my V8 Soarer and now on my IS250.. happy with it for the price to be honest. I don't know what coilovers you have so I can't tell you whether rebuild is even possible.

• Like 1

Two of the standard shock absorbers on my SC were in a sorry state when I bought the car last year. I replaced all 4 with MeisterR coilovers after researching quality v cost. I went for UK quality. They have transformed the handling - and are easily adjustable. Highly recommended for £799! (I have no affiliation with the company - just a very satisfied customer).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, apcbbb said:

Two of the standard shock absorbers on my SC were in a sorry state when I bought the car last year. I replaced all 4 with MeisterR coilovers after researching quality v cost. I went for UK quality. They have transformed the handling - and are easily adjustable. Highly recommended for £799! (I have no affiliation with the company - just a very satisfied customer).

Thanks for this, I think I'll be going for these. Out of interest what height setting do you have them on?

I dropped the height by about 3cms - not outrageous but with standard wheels/tyres it makes the arches look filled.  To access the ride adjusters at the rear , I cut 2 small holes in the boot carpet over the adjusting screws and then used colour matched plugs to cover the holes. Good luck - and enjoy!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links