Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty Elegibility

Poundy

Copied this from my renewal quote, I know the warranty can only be taken out on vehicles under 10yrs old. but looking at lines (e) & (f) it appears to me that as long as the warranty is continuous from the initial take up offer it shouldn't lapse on the 10yr birthday and is on going, any thoughts?

Eligible vehicle
A Lexus vehicle which -
(a) has been branded and sold by Our Holding company, Toyota Motor Europe NV/SA in Europe as a Category M1 Lexus passenger motor
vehicle;
(b) not have been modified structurally, mechanically or electronically otherwise than with the permission of Toyota Motor Europe
NV/SA or save for the purpose of enabling it to be lawfully re-registered in the United Kingdom;
(c) have standard Lexus wheels and normal road tyres fitted to it;
(d) possess or be capable of possessing a European Certificate of Conformity;
(e) was purchased through the Lexus Approved Used Car Programme with the benefit of a Lexus Extended Warranty; or
(f) is less than 10 years old and has less than 140,000 miles on its milometer at the start of the first Warranty Period
(Notes. (1) All Lexus vehicles imported into the United Kingdom by Us and sold by Us or by a Service Centre in the United Kingdom
meet these qualifying conditions (a)-(d). (2) The fitting of a Lexus approved accessory by a Service Centre will not be treated as a
modification for the purpose of condition (b) (3) We will not provide a Lexus Extended Warranty for any vehicle which is older than 8
years from the date of its first registration.

I have been on about this for years Nigel, but have not found any supporters.

I think there is a line somewhere referring to not more than 10 years old and it appears that Lexus reads the document how it wants to read it !

36 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I have been on about this for years Nigel, but have not found any supporters.

I think there is a line somewhere referring to not more than 10 years old and it appears that Lexus reads the document how it wants to read it !

Thanks James😉

My Merc was ongoing as long as service requirements were met and there were no lapses or breaks in warranty take up.

I will fire an email off and see if I can get clarity as I think the little low mileage gem is a keeper no matter what other vehicles come and go.

I can confirm that when I purchased my 8.5 year old CT last year from the main dealer, I was able to to add the 2 year extended warranty at the time, so in effect have the 1 year used car + 2year extended taking the car to 11.5 years old when it expires.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Rooose said:

I can confirm that when I purchased my 8.5 year old CT last year from the main dealer, I was able to to add the 2 year extended warranty at the time, so in effect have the 1 year used car + 2year extended taking the car to 11.5 years old when it expires.

Hope that helps.

That sounds promising then Gavin, I have fired an email off and will see how they respond.

In all fairness in the 3 years that we have owned the car (all under warranty) there has been Zilch go wrong with it. Had it serviced and MOT done today and just replaced wiper blades, I think auto wipe damaged it when frozen to the screen 😄

Still I find at £250 per year including full AA breakdown cover and with the cost of MOT test now included the warranty is great value, so will carry on with it if possible.

14 hours ago, Rooose said:

Hope that helps.

And I added 2 years to mine, but I don`t think that meets the point first raised.

It will be interesting to hear what response is received.

As long as the warranty is taken out before it's 10th Birthday the expiry date is honoured. Sadly a renewal offer will not be offered on the expiry of that period. Still it should allow me to get another 4years if required taking it to 11yrs old. 😉 

Thank you for your email regarding your Lexus Extended Warranty, I can confirm as long as the vehicle was under 10 years old when you purchased the warranty, it will remain valid until the expiry date even if it reaches 10 years old.

1 minute ago, Poundy said:
As long as the warranty is taken out before it's 10th Birthday the expiry date is honoured. Sadly a renewal offer will not be offered on the expiry of that period. Still it should allow me to get another 4years if required taking it to 11yrs old. 😉 

Thank you for your email regarding your Lexus Extended Warranty, I can confirm as long as the vehicle was under 10 years old when you purchased the warranty, it will remain valid until the expiry date even if it reaches 10 years old.

So ask them what paras (e) and( f) mean then Norman.

22 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

So ask them what paras (e) and( f) mean then Norman.

I did John but they just skirted round the question, and basically said once the warranty expired after the 10th birthday an option to renew wouldn't be offered.

They also said if I required any more information to contact my Dealer 😂😉

Guess I will worry about it in 4 years if needed lol!

My experience has been as long as it's taken out before the cars 10th birthday you can get another 2 years of warranty (i.e. until the car reaches 12 years old). I've done this quite a few times times and the dealership has honoured claims.

40 minutes ago, Normski said:

My experience has been as long as it's taken out before the cars 10th birthday you can get another 2 years of warranty (i.e. until the car reaches 12 years old). I've done this quite a few times times and the dealership has honoured claims.

I`ve done the same Norman, thanks

57 minutes ago, Poundy said:

I did John but they just skirted round the question, and basically said once the warranty expired after the 10th birthday an option to renew wouldn't be offered.

They also said if I required any more information to contact my Dealer 😂😉

Guess I will worry about it in 4 years if needed lol!

As I`ve said previously Norman the document contains a confliction.

It needs testing but I have neither the time, inclination or financial resource.

Just continue to enjoy your CT.  

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

As I`ve said previously Norman the document contains a confliction.

It needs testing but I have neither the time, inclination or financial resource.

Just continue to enjoy your CT.  

So you thought you might delegate the task 😂🤣

43 minutes ago, Poundy said:

So you thought you might delegate the task 😂🤣

Nice one Norman. I learnt many years ago the difference between Delegation and Abdication.    

I am on record on this Forum as suggesting that the people who administer this policy are not knowledgeable enough to recognise a confliction. It needs re-writing and re-publishing in my view.

Anyway, onwards and upwards as they say. 

33 minutes ago, stormchaser said:

Just taken out a 2 year warranty on mine when they were doing 2 years for the price of 1 plus 2 free MOT,s and 2 years AA cover.

A very wise move Paul and just before the car`s 10th Birthday.

19 hours ago, stormchaser said:

Yes i realised this and jumped in quick 😃

It's worth remembering you can nominate f.o.c a shared address partner for the Lexus assist. if you have one who is likely to use the car when you are not in it.

2 minutes ago, Poundy said:

It's worth remembering you can nominate f.o.c a shared address partner for the Lexus assist. if you have one who is likely to use the car when you are not in it.

Yes,it is stated clearly within the documentation and I have one for Mrs Roy, Norman.