Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On our Gen4 RX450h FSport the cruise control is the same as all our previous RXs in that it can only be set above about 27MPH.  On our UX the cruise control can be set as low as 20MPH which is really handy with all the 20MPH speed limits springing up all over the place.  Is there any way the RX cruise control can be modified so that it can be set to lower speeds?  One would have thought this could be just a software fix.

So come on Lexus, how about adapting this to suit the real world?

JBP

I know what you mean and it would be good if it worked as low as 20mph. However, speaking from personal experience, nothing focuses the mind in this respect like having fallen foul of the system - twice.

First was 3 points and £100 fine and that also added £100 to my insurance premiums.

Second one (a few weeks later) I escaped points and fine as I was offered a speed awareness course.

Consequently I'm now glancing at the speedo every couple of seconds to make sure I stick to the limit, ergo no need for the cruise control. I am now a reformed speeder, hopefully never to drop off the wagon again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, m4rkw said:

My aftermarket cruise control works at 20mph but I rarely use it at such low speed.

Aftermarket? Correctly sized brick (various sizes depending on desired speed) placed under the accelerator and then another one depressing it. 

With adaptive cruise control  in my RX speed can be set only over 45 kph but when in queue car  slow down with the preceding vehicle till stop; unluckily , probably for safety reasons, when queue restart moving you need to press pedal or cruise control lever to make car moving. Another suggestion in these cases is to keep distance setting to minimum level.

16 hours ago, Herbie said:

I know what you mean and it would be good if it worked as low as 20mph. However, speaking from personal experience, nothing focuses the mind in this respect like having fallen foul of the system - twice.

First was 3  )points and £100 fine and that also added £100 to my insurance premiums.

Second one (a few weeks later) I escaped points and fine as I was offered a speed awareness course.

Consequently I'm now glancing at the speedo every couple of seconds to make sure I stick to the limit, ergo no need for the cruise control. I am now a reformed speeder, hopefully never to drop off the wagon again.

Herbs - - - - I'll watch out on the next series of Police Interceptors for you.......... ( 😉 )

• Haha 1

I never speed in 20 zones but there are some areas where I live that have recently been dropped from 30 to 20 for, as far as i can tell, no good reason. One particular road springs to mind, it's a busy main road out of the town and gets a lot of traffic during peak hours. There's really no good reason for the limit there to be 20, and this seems to be backed up by practically nobody observing the posted limit. One day they'll find somewhere to park a van and nab quite a few people I suspect.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links