Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Never one to brag but...

Wonderful indeed Herbie. It is a deserved gift to yourself from all of the Forum Members whom you assist every single day. We all wish you well.

Park it further up your drive so that it sits between your house and the fence so that it is difficult for the Catalytic Convertor thieves to access.

Your means of egress is then via the Moonroof !

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

lovely car - nice new colour combinations - I think Lexus should be fitting HUD in all their cars now

I agree, HUD should be standard. We couldn't afford a Premier and I didn't want an F Sport because of the harsher ride, which wouldn't be good for my back injury, so no HUD for me - but I'll be a martyr and put up with what I've got :laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Wonderful indeed Herbie. It is a deserved gift to yourself from all of the Forum Members whom you assist every single day. We all wish you well.

Park it further up your drive so that it sits between your house and the fence so that it is difficult for the Catalytic Convertor thieves to access.

Your means of egress is then via the Moonroof !

Cheers John, I appreciate it.

It doesn't have a sun/moon roof - my first car in over 30 years to not have one. I'm not bothered though as I prefer to let climate control do its thing.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed @Herbie

Your neighbours have good car taste too. The CRV is a great car, and I spy a black Lexus at the end of the road as well. Good to see a lack of German vehicles in the immediate vicinity!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I love the colour!  Now what are HUD's?  

Head Up Display - it projects speed and other info onto the windscreen so that you don't have to take your eyes off the road.

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Head Up Display - it projects speed and other info onto the windscreen so that you don't have to take your eyes off the road.

I see. 

She looks lovely ! I prefer the wheels on yours to the ones they put on the Premier / Takumi. Mine has the HUD which is a real help. That is, when you can see it ! Soon as I put sun glasses on it's gone. I never used to bother with "shades" but am at that age where glare is a problem.

Does yours have the speed recognition system ?  I have mine on but get annoyed that there is no manual OFF button. If it doesn't see the CLEAR sign then you get BEEP BEEP for a while till it wakes up.

Enjoy

12 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I see. 

Its very simple technology - essentially its a reflection from a small display which comes from a small screen from within the steering cowal on the dash side.

I bought one for my LS430 from eBay for £20 - it just plugs into the OBD port and it works perfectly - but my ocd got the better of me and I didnt use it

3 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Its very simple technology - essentially its a reflection from a small display which comes from a small screen from within the steering cowal on the dash side.

I bought one for my LS430 from ebay for £20 - it just plugs into the OBD port and it works perfectly - but my ocd got the better of me and I didnt use it

I didn't know you could retro fit one! 

6 hours ago, stringbender said:

She looks lovely ! I prefer the wheels on yours to the ones they put on the Premier / Takumi. Mine has the HUD which is a real help. That is, when you can see it ! Soon as I put sun glasses on it's gone. I never used to bother with "shades" but am at that age where glare is a problem.

There are times when sun glasses can help at any age!   I also found the very useful HUD faded away with my normal shades but I overcame this by buying ones with less tint and by increasing the brightness of the display.  I have my display low on the screen and before doing the foregoing, toyed with the idea of cutting away a small lower section of the shades so I could raise my head very slightly in order to see the display.  This might work with plastic lenses.  Polarized shades are particularly less suitable if you want to see the display due to the filtering.

23 hours ago, stringbender said:

Does yours have the speed recognition system ?  I have mine on but get annoyed that there is no manual OFF button. If it doesn't see the CLEAR sign then you get BEEP BEEP for a while till it wakes up.

Enjoy

You can turn off the bleeps on the speed warning and just have the speed sign on dashboard that goes red when over the limit it last recognised.

22 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Polarized shades are particularly less suitable if you want to see the display due to the filtering.

Polarized shades are to be used for fishing when you want to see through the surface, looking at fish or corals or whatever is in the water.

Polarized shades are not for driving as you will not be able to see if there are water on the road (which could make it slippery).

Polarized shades are dangerous when riding bike at high speed on paved roads for the same reason; not seeing water. Not all polarized glasses are filtering same level.