Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400H mystery switches

Hi all,

I am new to Lexus ownership (it’s about time right?) so please forgive any naivety.

I now have a 2008 RX400H model and it fantastic.

However there are a couple of switches that I do not see in the manual (even though they look like original Lexus) and I do not know the functions of them.

Don’t know how to attach pics...

Can anyone help?

much appreciated and regards to all.

Michael

D6F8BEED-3B8E-409D-AA11-A95E38572E25.jpeg

AD048CC9-E526-4232-87ED-BA3540B5DA5A.jpeg

Chances are that they're for front and rear parking sensors. These were never a factory-fit but were a dealer option, so I think those switches will be to turn them on/off.

Yes, definitely something aftermarket or dealer fit. My 2008 RX400 Se-L came with rear seat entertainment as standard. It came with electric tailgate opening and closing as standard. It even came with a really good (for the time) reversing camera! But it did NOT come with any parking sensors.

No RX400 ever, ever, ever came with parking sensors as standard. You'd need a RX450 for that. But the dealers often fitted them to get them sold, especially towards the end of the run.

• Like 1

Right thanks guys...

I have both front and rear sensors along with the rear camera and dvd screens fitted to the rear of the front seats. 

Switches didn’t seem to affect the sensors....as in on or off. Or any lights...or any James Bond type smoke or guns!!!

I’ll double check to see if it make the sensors act differently but still confused!

Its a case of ‘have switch, must use..or at least know what they do!! I update if I get any luck.

Thanks again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcruiz said:

Right thanks guys...

I have both front and rear sensors along with the rear camera and dvd screens fitted to the rear of the front seats. 

Switches didn’t seem to affect the sensors....as in on or off. Or any lights...or any James Bond type smoke or guns!!!

I’ll double check to see if it make the sensors act differently but still confused!

Its a case of ‘have switch, must use..or at least know what they do!! I update if I get any luck.

Thanks again 

You may find the rear sensors are automatic and the front sensors need a switch to turn them on.

Whatever you do, please make sure you don't test the buttons when you're driving with your mother-in-law in the passenger seat - - (Just in case it's for the 'ejector seat')

Oh - - you didn't realise???? 

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, mcruiz said:

Right thanks guys...

Thanks again 

You will enjoy the car. If you have not had a hybrid before you are in for a few surprises - but do not worry!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Illogan said:

Whatever you do, please make sure you don't test the buttons when you're driving with your mother-in-law in the passenger seat - - (Just in case it's for the 'ejector seat')

Oh - - you didn't realise???? 

😁

Stop giving ideas....💡🧐🤣

The rear view tv on my 2005 Rx400h Is pretty rubbish. Like you’ve got a cataract. Possibly the 2008 model a bit sharper  

Parking a big motor like the 400 PDCs are a must. I am going to put on some wireless ones. Especially as the 400 has quite a pronounced nose. The front is harder to negotiate. So your PDCs are a real bonus. 

Update: the first switch solved! It switches the dvd screens on/off.

I would never have seen. Luckily my son spotted it!

One down, one to go!

• Like 3