Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Woodwork

I’ve just bought my first SC and am absolutely delighted with it – the only thing I wish I could change is the bright orange colour of the woodwork of the dashboard and around the gear lever. Does anyone know whether it’s possible to replace this wood look alike and if so is there any sort of pattern/colour index or option – if so, does anyone know of an agent who could install a different fascia – is it easy, as I would not be able to do it myself (technologically challenged!).

13 minutes ago, Christopher metcalf said:

wood look alike

It's real wood. A veneer that is sandwiched between plastic backing and a resin coat to protect it from warping/fading etc.

Personally I don't like the darker/orangey wood, I think the maple looked much better.

There used to be sticker kits to put over them to give you an aluminium or carbon fibre look, I'm sure they are still out there but you don't see them as much now that the vehicle isn't sold anymore. But I assume any wrapping company can cover them in whatever look you want.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 9:04 PM, Christopher metcalf said:

I’ve just bought my first SC and am absolutely delighted with it – the only thing I wish I could change is the bright orange colour of the woodwork of the dashboard and around the gear lever. Does anyone know whether it’s possible to replace this wood look alike and if so is there any sort of pattern/colour index or option – if so, does anyone know of an agent who could install a different fascia – is it easy, as I would not be able to do it myself (technologically challenged!).

On 4/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, Christopher metcalf said:

Very interesting, thank you

I have a 2007 Lexus SC and am having trouble in two areas – resetting the tyre pressure and opening the "trunk" lid. I have put four new tyres on the car and the tyre pressure management system light has come on. I have pressed the reset button but nothing has happened. The details set out in the Lexus manual start off by saying "ensure selection switch located in the glove box is set to "main" or 2nd to match the correct tire/wheel combination". Mine is a right hand drive car but it has no switch located in the glove box nor does it have any other switch which could be "main" anywhere else on the dashboard or underneath. The second issue is possibly linked to this. I have pressed the trunk lid "open" button which, in the past, has worked perfectly properly in opening the boot but now has not responded at all. Looking at the manual it says "to open the trunk lid while sitting in the driver seat, push the switch with the main switch in the glove box on". Later on in the instructions (page 81) it states as an alternative that "the trunk lid can be opened using a loop of wire in the rear console box even with the main switch in the glove box turned off" – again, I have no main switch in the glove box. I am a new boy to this and though I am enjoying the car greatly, I clearly have a few things to learn about the nuances.

The valet switch is visible when you open the glove box. It's a small push switch on the outer lip of the glove compartment assembly. The emergency loop is hidden beneath the felt base in the arm rest.